From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:55:37 +0000, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:

>In message <87fvh5lne125qjgfm15hd885kpi82puva4(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
><tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes
>>On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:11:14 +0000, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:
>>
>>>In message <i7sth55ohqnu7lt2c97nrll4e75i9k41gk(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
>>><tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes

>>>:-) Actually she spent a lot of time in the US after the UK threw here
>>>out of office.

>>>Well most of the world thought that MCain had Palin as a running mate so
>>>he would loose, whilst appearing to fight to win, as GWB left an
>>>impossible mess to clear up.
>>
>>If so, the "rest of the world" had little understanding of US
>>politics. I can't believe the "rest of the world" was this naive.
>
>It was a serious though when Palin opened her mouth
>
>>Palin was added to the ticket as a way of appealing to the religious
>>right and to undercut Hillary Clinton's appeal to women voters.
>
>Fair enough. Though Hillary is smart, Intelligent, understands politics
>and is ruthless. I am not sure Palin is any of those.

>>Palin is an excellent speaker who capable of firing up audiences.
>
>No and yes.... they showed some of here stuff here. Firing up a US
>Republican audience yes.. But "excellent speaker" not really...

Of course she is. An excellent speaker is one who appeals to the
audience that he/she is addressing. An excellent speaker prepares
his/her material to appeal to audience being addressed. Sarah is very
accomplished at that. Anything you saw was not being addressed to
your interests.

She appealed to much more than a Republican audience. One of the
reasons she was added to the ticket was to appeal to the non-committed
voters, the fence-sitters, and she was effective in this. Obviously,
she wasn't effective enough, but no one who followed the campaign
denies that she was very effective in winning over many votes that
might have gone to the other side or not been cast.

You knock Fox News for not being "fair and balanced", but your own
views are the antithesis of fair and balanced. You believe what you
want to believe and attribute the same views to the "rest of the
world".

Palin did not appeal to me, but that doesn't mean that I'm unwilling
to give her credit for what she did do.

You also should understand that Palin did not seek the office. She
was drafted by Republican party staffers who were woefully incompetent
in vetting her. They came to her. McCain did not want her or seek
her. It was his advisors who saddled him with her.

>>She's attractive and personable.
>
>Yes, Agreed.
>
>> There's no doubt that she did add to
>>McCain's vote. Just not enough.
>
>OK..
>
>>She's also totally unqualified for national office and was horribly
>>uninformed about world affairs.
>
>Absolutely... She is probably just what you need at town/city/state
>level but that is it.
>
>> She's an egomaniac who publicly
>>fought with the Republican handlers and caused a great deal of dissent
>>within the campaign structure.
>
>So rumour had it. However in a US presidential election it is difficult
>to tell fact from rumour from complete fiction.

Hardly rumor. Even Palin openly admits this.

>>When are you going to stop calling *your* opinion "the rest of the
>>world's" opinion?
>
>Why? IT is generally accurate.

But it's not. The "rest of the world" is not your mates at the pub.
What indication do you have that your opinions reflect the opinions of
those in India, China, Russia, South American, or Australia?

>When do you last leave the US to see what the rest of the world looked like?

I've traveled several times to Europe, including the UK, to Africa, to
South America, Cuba, Mexico, Canada, and to the Caribbean. My view of
the "rest of the world" is not confined to the people I know
personally or drink with.

>> About the same time you learn the difference
>>between "lose" and "loose"?
>
>Not going to happen. I am not a good typist and dyslexic.

I've known dyslexics. They can learn to use the right word when
appropriate.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: George Kerby on

On 12/8/09 10:46 PM, in article
EaCdne980vARtoLWnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d(a)giganews.com, "Neil Harrington"
<never(a)home.com> wrote:

> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president
>>> whose
>>> guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
>>> vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.
>>>
>>> Being foreign in and of itself is not so bad. If we had Margaret Thatcher
>>> it
>>> would be all right.
>>>
>> I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants.
>
> Not *these* British participants, I don't think. Thatcher was never a
> heroine to the looney left.
>
>> (And,
>> for the benefit of our British participants, yes, Americans can do
>> irony.)
>>
>> You have to give credit to Neil, though. He can manage to criticize
>> Obama for breaking promises when Neil supports a party who nominated a
>> person to run for Vice President who has never finished anything she
>> started.
>
> I think you ought to take a closer look at what Palin has accomplished. And
> then compare that with what Obama has accomplished -- ZERO after nearly a
> year as president, unless you count a string of broken promises as some sort
> of accomplishment.
>
> And that's comparing the Republican VICE presidential candidate with the top
> of the Democrat ticket. Comparing actual opponents puts Palin up against
> that flannelmouth Biden, whose utterances ought to win some sort of award
> for advanced buffoonery (". . . happens to be a three-letter word, jobs!
> J-O-B-S, jobs!"). And that's about as close as he ever came to getting
> anything right.

Don't forget this gem. I'm sure Tony will appreciate - being a neigbor and
all:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ>

From: Neil Harrington on

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 12/8/09 10:46 PM, in article
> EaCdne980vARtoLWnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d(a)giganews.com, "Neil Harrington"
> <never(a)home.com> wrote:
>

>> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants.
>>
>> Not *these* British participants, I don't think. Thatcher was never a
>> heroine to the looney left.
>>
>>> (And,
>>> for the benefit of our British participants, yes, Americans can do
>>> irony.)
>>>
>>> You have to give credit to Neil, though. He can manage to criticize
>>> Obama for breaking promises when Neil supports a party who nominated a
>>> person to run for Vice President who has never finished anything she
>>> started.
>>
>> I think you ought to take a closer look at what Palin has accomplished.
>> And
>> then compare that with what Obama has accomplished -- ZERO after nearly a
>> year as president, unless you count a string of broken promises as some
>> sort
>> of accomplishment.
>>
>> And that's comparing the Republican VICE presidential candidate with the
>> top
>> of the Democrat ticket. Comparing actual opponents puts Palin up against
>> that flannelmouth Biden, whose utterances ought to win some sort of award
>> for advanced buffoonery (". . . happens to be a three-letter word, jobs!
>> J-O-B-S, jobs!"). And that's about as close as he ever came to getting
>> anything right.
>>
> Don't forget this gem. I'm sure Tony will appreciate - being a neigbor and
> all:
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ>

Inspiring. ;-)

Only in America, eh?

From: Neil Harrington on

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:39:44 +0000, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:
>
>>In message <JI2dnULj2eBiO4PWnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
>>Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes
>>>
>>>"Bob Larter" <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Pretty much, yes. Look at the known facts:
>>>
>>>1. His paternal grandmother insists she was present at his birth -- in
>>>Kenya.
>>>
>>>2. We still have not seen his actual birth certificate, i.e. the hospital
>>>long form.
>>>
>>>3. His birth certificate is claimed to be in a sealed box under lock and
>>>key. Alternatively, it is claimed to have been destroyed when Hawaii
>>>computerized their records. In any case it is not available for anyone to
>>>see, and we have only a state official's assurance that it exists or ever
>>>existed in Hawaii. The official has not even made clear whether it was
>>>the
>>>actual hospital long form that she claims to have seen.
>>>
>>>4. The short form ("certificate of live birth") that was posted on some
>>>Obama-supporting sites has been called a forgery, and there are some
>>>reasons
>>>to be suspicious of it (why is the certficate no. blacked out, for
>>>example?), but reportedly such short certificates were easily obtained on
>>>request at that time in Hawaii anyway.
>>>
>>>5. The Honolulu hospital where his birth is claimed to have occurred
>>>refuses
>>>to confirm that he was (or was not) born there, saying they cannot give
>>>out
>>>this information without his permission. Evidently he has declined to
>>>give
>>>this permission, which would settle the matter instantly if he really had
>>>been born there.
>>>
>>>6. He has similarly refused to give permission for the release of his
>>>school
>>>and college records, which might also give his place of birth.
>>>
>>>And so on.
>>
>>It is a pretty sorry state of affairs when the best hope the USA has is
>>a foreign president.
>
> Oh, please, Chris. You don't really believe this bullshit, do you?

You think his grandmother was hallucinating, do you? She imagined she was
seeing him born right there in front of her in Kenya, while actually he was
being born 9000 miles away in Hawaii? Is that what you think?

Or are you saying that YOU have seen his actual hospital long-form birth
certificate, which much of the rest of the world, including Lou Dobbs of
CNN, has been pleading in vain to see?

From: Chris Malcolm on
In rec.photo.digital Neil Harrington <never(a)home.com> wrote:
> "Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message
>> In message <JI2dnULj2eBiO4PWnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
>> Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes
>>>
>>>"Bob Larter" <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Pretty much, yes. Look at the known facts:
>>>
>>>1. His paternal grandmother insists she was present at his birth -- in
>>>Kenya.
>>>
>>>2. We still have not seen his actual birth certificate, i.e. the hospital
>>>long form.
>>>
>>>3. His birth certificate is claimed to be in a sealed box under lock and
>>>key. Alternatively, it is claimed to have been destroyed when Hawaii
>>>computerized their records. In any case it is not available for anyone to
>>>see, and we have only a state official's assurance that it exists or ever
>>>existed in Hawaii. The official has not even made clear whether it was the
>>>actual hospital long form that she claims to have seen.
>>>
>>>4. The short form ("certificate of live birth") that was posted on some
>>>Obama-supporting sites has been called a forgery, and there are some
>>>reasons
>>>to be suspicious of it (why is the certficate no. blacked out, for
>>>example?), but reportedly such short certificates were easily obtained on
>>>request at that time in Hawaii anyway.
>>>
>>>5. The Honolulu hospital where his birth is claimed to have occurred
>>>refuses
>>>to confirm that he was (or was not) born there, saying they cannot give
>>>out
>>>this information without his permission. Evidently he has declined to give
>>>this permission, which would settle the matter instantly if he really had
>>>been born there.
>>>
>>>6. He has similarly refused to give permission for the release of his
>>>school
>>>and college records, which might also give his place of birth.
>>>
>>>And so on.
>>
>> It is a pretty sorry state of affairs when the best hope the USA has is
>> a foreign president.

> It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president whose
> guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
> vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.

What a truly dreadful state of affairs! Would it not be possible for
you guys in the US to avoid this sort of monstrous imposition by
having some kind of democracy in which you vote for the President?

--
Chris Malcolm