From: Dudley Hanks on

"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message

> Rule of law? You put stock in that? What if some "democratic" types vote
> make all jews wear stars on their clothing?
>
> "Rule of law" can mean rule of tyrannical law.
>
> As far as "God", some people may put no stock in that either, and consider
> it
> mythology.
>
> So where can our rights justly be derived from?
>
> Some claim that rights and values derive from "God", but they needn't. If
> one
> has a good philosophy like Objectivism, the derivation comes from the most
> primary ownership of our own lives.
> See http://www.PlanetaryBillOfRights.org/
> specifically
> http://www.planetarybillofrights.org/ThePlanetaryBillofRights.html
>
> Another absurdity is the notion of "collective rights", and that
> governments
> have them.
>
> The only legitimate rights are individual rights, AKA HUMAN rights and
> only
> individual humans can have them.
>
> Governments and collectives can only have powers, given to them by the
> people, and they can be modified or even withdrawn by the people, if the
> people only realize that they hold the power to do so.
>

> --
> - Jane Galt

I put more stock in the rule of law, as composed by a democratic legislature
/ committee, than I do in the rule of law as composed by a lunatic neighbour
with a handgun...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Tzortzakakis Dimitris on

� "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> ������ ��� ������

> "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <noone(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> � "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> ������ ��� ������
>>>
>>> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message

>>> I guess I have enough of a hoard already, and I've got plenty of brass,
>>> primers, powder and bullets in case I need more. I haven't shopped for
>>> ammo in many years now. Actually I haven't been doing any shooting
>>> lately either.

>>> That's really not good thinking. You didn't join the Obama mobs, did
>>> you?

>>> I'd sell the XD-45 instead and keep the more sensible 9.
>>>
>>> Just on the remote chance the survivalists are right and our gummint may
>>> fall apart some day leading to massive civil disorder, it's not a bad
>>> idea to have something that will accept military ammo. There will ALWAYS
>>> be millions and millions of rounds of 9mm NATO around SOMEWHERE. And
>>> there will be people who have ways of getting to it.
>>>
>> Not to mention the 7.62 mm NATO round or the ubiquitous .50 BMG API
>> tracer...(Armor Piercing Incendiary)
>
> Or any other flavor of .50 Browning for that matter.

Ball (FMJ), HEAPI tracer...(High Explosive Armor Piercing Incendiary)....
They told us in the camp that Ball rounds for the .50 BMG are banned by
international treaties, because they would mince the unfortunate enough to
be in the receiving end of it....

>>> BALONEY. And don't believe those silly stories about the .45 having
>>> "knockdown power" either. No handgun has "knockdown power" and no rifle
>>> does either for that matter, unless it's something like a .300 Magnum
>>> being used on a chipmunk.
>>>
>> I wouldn't like to be in the receiving end of it.
>
> I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of a .22 Short, as far as that
> goes. I read several years ago about a couple of boys who fatally wounded
> an elephant in a zoo with .22 Shorts. I think it took the poor beast more
> than a day to die, but die it eventually did.

Poor beast....
>> Officers in infantry carry the .45 browning pistol, also tank drivers and
>> machine-gunners.
>
> What .45 Browning? Do you mean the Browning-designed M1911 (etc.)?

No idea, the officers that trained men fit to shoot it (just once) called it
just "the .45 Browning pistol"
> I believe infantry officers are still issued the M9 Beretta, though some
> units and assignments have always allowed variety in personal sidearms.
> And general officers of course can choose whatever they like -- Patton
> carried a .45 Colt six-shooter and a S&W .357 Magnum.

Yes, of course. They can also use the G3A4 assault rifle, if they feel like
it (7.62)

>>> Nasty business. But I'd sure like to know how she managed to shoot
>>> herself through the hand.
>> A policeman did that to himself in a firing range.
>
> With one of those evil Glocks, I'll bet. It still mystifies me how anyone
> can do that.

No, with a 9 pistol, and right through the palm, in a shooting.

>> How about the incendiary shell for the 4.2" mortar? With white
>> phosphorus? Totally legal... Or the high-explosive shell for the same
>> mortar, which shrapnel can go to 500 meters? Or the ubiquitous 90 mm
>> bazuka HEAT (High Explosive Anti Tank) round, which will roast the crew
>> of a tank like chicken? Or the Milan anti-tank missile, which can pierce
>> half a meter of tank grade steel? Talking about deterrence...
>
> Half a meter? Now that's impressive.

And I think 1 meter of reinforced concrete. When they shoot a live Milan
missile, they pick a rock thick enough, and it pierces a hole, like an
enormous drill, to the rock, after they target it. Its a wire guided
missile.

>>> Well, to be fair, it's the Geneva Convention that makes them do that.
>>> Any type of expanding bullet is outlawed in war because it's "inhumane."
>>> OK to use napalm or flamethrowers on people, but not expanding bullets.
>>> Actually the .303 British in its Mk VII loading had a bullet with
>>> aluminum nose cone under the jacket, making the bullet tail heavy so it
>>> would topple when it hit flesh, thus comparable to a JSP or JHP in
>>> destructiveness, but that was OK because it was full metal jacketed. And
>>> our 5.56mm rifles have (depending on model) an abnormally slow rifling
>>> twist for that caliber, causing the bullet to be only marginally
>>> stabilized and also possibly topple in flesh -- still perfectly legal
>>> because it's FMJ.
>>>
>> Loophole.
>
> Sure. Silly rule to begin with. I understand it started after the British
> adopted a soft-point load for its improved stopping power at their Dum Dum
> Arsenal in India, which annoyed some politicians who thought warfare
> should be carried out on a more considerate and compassionate basis. So
> the SP ammunition didn't stay around long, though the term "dum-dum" for
> expanding bullet is still in occasional use.
Ball rounds are deadly enough, the army doesn't need anything more
efficient. (IMHO).

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

From: Tzortzakakis Dimitris on

� "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> ������ ��� ������
> "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <noone(a)nospam.com> wrote :
>

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682(a)N02/4718346638/
>> I haven't got an actual photo of the .50 BMG, unfortunately... I didn't
>> have the pleasure either to shoot one, but I had the pleasure to drive
>> the "Leonidas", I even passed the exams for its driving license,
>> following the 1 month course...I even passed the medical, of course.
>
> I like the name "Leonidas" and know the story. Molon lave!
This tank is made in Greece, by ELVO (Greek Vehicle Industry), that means
they get the motor, the gearbox and the transmission from Germany, and they
weld the steel plates and assemble everything. This is 320 HP, with a
displacement of 10,000 cm^3, 2 tanks that hold each 181 lts of diesel, turbo
intercooler and has a crew of 10 men and its weapon is a .50 BMG plus what
the crew carries (LAW {Light Antitank Weapon}, hand grenades etc.)Its
endurance is 520 km, and has a furnace for heating in winter. Its cost is
like 1,500,000 euros per unit. It has a radio, plus a periscope for the
leader of the crew (not the driver).

From: LOL! on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:58:12 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
<dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:

>"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message

>> Rule of law? You put stock in that? What if some "democratic" types vote
>> make all jews wear stars on their clothing?
>>
>> "Rule of law" can mean rule of tyrannical law.
>>
>> As far as "God", some people may put no stock in that either, and consider
>> it
>> mythology.
>>
>> So where can our rights justly be derived from?
>>
>> Some claim that rights and values derive from "God", but they needn't. If
>> one
>> has a good philosophy like Objectivism, the derivation comes from the most
>> primary ownership of our own lives.
>> See http://www.PlanetaryBillOfRights.org/
>> specifically
>> http://www.planetarybillofrights.org/ThePlanetaryBillofRights.html
>>
>> Another absurdity is the notion of "collective rights", and that
>> governments
>> have them.
>>
>> The only legitimate rights are individual rights, AKA HUMAN rights and
>> only
>> individual humans can have them.
>>
>> Governments and collectives can only have powers, given to them by the
>> people, and they can be modified or even withdrawn by the people, if the
>> people only realize that they hold the power to do so.
>>

>> --
>> - Jane Galt
>
>I put more stock in the rule of law, as composed by a democratic legislature
>/ committee, than I do in the rule of law as composed by a lunatic neighbour
>with a handgun...
>
>Take Care,
>Dudley

Your biases borne of ignorance show clearly. How about the lunatics at the
button ready to launch a nuclear attack if they're having a bad day and
finally snap under mass psychosis and paranoia? You know, those "might
makes right" lunatics put in place and making their lunatic "law" decisions
by your beloved democratic process. How are they immune to lunacy? They are
already all proven lunatics just for considering a nuclear attack and
having nuclear arms in the first place.

Don't you get it? Of course you don't. You're just as fuckingly insane and
fucked-up in the head as they are.

LOL!

From: LOL! on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:59:23 -0400, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>Reading her posts, one gets the impression that nothing would please
>Ms Galt more than for someone to attack her so she can blow them away.
>Kind of a "Make my day" attitude. What's the point of having the
>firepower if you never get to use it?

Now that's funny. That's a perfect description of every "law abiding cop"
I've ever known.

LOL!