From: George Gleason on

read the review,some mention of "new age" hokus-pokus that fraud Ramtha not
sure what you were pointing to except the fact all reality is a illusion
that you and you alone create within your mind
and any illusion you create is reality
I have always accepted this
george

From: Gareth Magennis on

"George Gleason" <tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message

> read the review,some mention of "new age" hokus-pokus that fraud Ramtha
> not sure what you were pointing to except the fact all reality is a
> illusion that you and you alone create within your mind
> and any illusion you create is reality
> I have always accepted this
> george
>>
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009S4W5C/qid=1138890131/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/203-2188438-2260705
>>

>> Gareth.

I just lean more towards the distinct possibility that we don't know all
there is to know yet and what we do know may well be shown to be wrong at
some point. History has a habit of showing this to be the trend.

Quantum Mechanics really is a fascinating subject, and this DVD has an
entertaining and interesting coverage of this and related subjects. It
seems to have been put together by believers in some sort of "God" which is
why I though Arny may have been interested - my posting was aimed more at
him than you.

Gareth.

From: George Gleason on

"Gareth Magennis" <sound.service(a)btconnect.com> wrote in message

> "George Gleason" <tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>>

>> read the review,some mention of "new age" hokus-pokus that fraud Ramtha
>> not sure what you were pointing to except the fact all reality is a
>> illusion that you and you alone create within your mind
>> and any illusion you create is reality
>> I have always accepted this
>> george
>>>
>>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009S4W5C/qid=1138890131/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/203-2188438-2260705
>>>

>>> Gareth.
>>>

> I just lean more towards the distinct possibility that we don't know all
> there is to know yet and what we do know may well be shown to be wrong at
> some point. History has a habit of showing this to be the trend.
>
> Quantum Mechanics really is a fascinating subject, and this DVD has an
> entertaining and interesting coverage of this and related subjects. It
> seems to have been put together by believers in some sort of "God" which
> is why I though Arny may have been interested - my posting was aimed more
> at him than you.
>

> Gareth.

I honestly believe that when the answers are all on the table we will find
out "god" is one of the major forces, I think it is magnetizm(which also
encompasses electricity/chemical bonding and such), but it could be gravity
george

From: UnclePhil on
Joseph Ashwood wrote:
> George's comment in the Slope thread got me thinking about books. Obviously
> the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook has been recommended, are there
> others? Any references are greatly appreciated.
> Joe

Hi Joe,

There are a couple of fairly light, but informative reads that I
normally recommend to the quizzical when I'm working sound.

http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/other/pabasics.pdf
http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/other/paguide.pdf

The basics one is very basic. Layed out for someone who doesn't know
anything. The PA Guide is a pretty decent primer for avoiding some
fundamental setup and operation mistakes. I don't agree with some of
the recommendations 100%, but to each his own. These are free and
informative.

Best regards,
Phil Simpson.

From: John O on
> There are a couple of fairly light, but informative reads that I
> normally recommend to the quizzical when I'm working sound.
>
> http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/other/pabasics.pdf
> http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/other/paguide.pdf
>
> The basics one is very basic. Layed out for someone who doesn't know
> anything. The PA Guide is a pretty decent primer for avoiding some
> fundamental setup and operation mistakes. I don't agree with some of
> the recommendations 100%, but to each his own. These are free and
> informative.

These are great, Phil. I'll be working with a high school crew to run a
variety/talent show in the spring, and these will work out very well, along
with The Soundcraft Guide to Mixing. http://www.soundcraft.com/palz.asp

Sometimes this basic approach is the best place to start...it's a big
mistake to assume somebody already knows the fundamentals. ;-)

Thanks!

-John O

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Reverb settings
Next: EV Q66 / Dynacord S1200 Schematic?