From: Gareth Magennis on

>> I just lean more towards the distinct possibility that we don't know all
>> there is to know yet and what we do know may well be shown to be wrong at
>> some point. History has a habit of showing this to be the trend.
>>
>> Quantum Mechanics really is a fascinating subject, and this DVD has an
>> entertaining and interesting coverage of this and related subjects. It
>> seems to have been put together by believers in some sort of "God" which
>> is why I though Arny may have been interested - my posting was aimed more
>> at him than you.
>>

>> Gareth.
>
> I honestly believe that when the answers are all on the table we will find
> out "god" is one of the major forces, I think it is magnetizm(which also
> encompasses electricity/chemical bonding and such), but it could be
> gravity
> george

I tend not to like the idea of "these are the facts" so I don't follow any
kind of religion at all. If I had to choose I think Buddism would be
closest to being comfortable with. (even though it is not a religion)
There is a lot of smart out-of-the-box thinking going on over that way.

Gareth.

From: mcsteve on
"Joey" wrote:
> if I and the other 85% of Americans who consider
> themselves Christians are wrong -

Well, right there, you're already wrong. From 1990,
to 2001, the percentage of Americans who identify as
"christians" dropped from 86%, to 77%. Since the
newest figure I found is 5 years old, I'd guess the number
is even lower, by now.
One would at least *hope* so, for the good of the country.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_prac2.htm

------------------------
Steve McQ

"Could I have less stupid bible-thumper in my monitor, please?"
From: Joseph Ashwood on
"Judge not, that ye be not judged." KJV Matt 7:1, original KJV text "Judge
not lest ye be judged"

Might I suggest, that before debating the merits of your particular
variation of Christianity you read the only common distribution of a direct
translation, the King James Version, preferably the original and examine for
yourself exactly how Christian you truly are.
Joe

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 02/02/06 08:00, in article 43e1ae11$1(a)clear.net.nz, "shannon"
<me2(a)privacy.net> wrote:

(...)
> It helps if you have an interest in physics as well as music and will go
> out of your way to find out why meters that are calibrated to our
> systems of perception are logarithmic and what the Weber Fechner law is,
> and how Helmholtz resonators work, and what mechanical and electrical
> equivalent circuits are. What Lenz's law is and what happened when
> Augustin Fresnels ideas on optics were applied to acoustics.

Speaking of Helmholtz, his " On the Sensations of Tone as a Physiological
Basis for the Theory of Music" makes a very interesting read. Probably the
first to combine the physics AND the psychology of hearing.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 02/02/06 12:37, in article thk3u19lbnr033ssonrqh742ct13ipfmuh(a)4ax.com,
"Marc Amsterdam" <reply(a)newsgroup.only> wrote:

(...)
> the Audio system designer technical reference by Klark teknik
> comes around very handy from time to time

Is the Klark Teknik book still in print? Can't find any reference to it on
their website...

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Reverb settings
Next: EV Q66 / Dynacord S1200 Schematic?