From: UnclePhil on

John O wrote:

> These are great, Phil. I'll be working with a high school crew to run a
> variety/talent show in the spring, and these will work out very well, along
> with The Soundcraft Guide to Mixing. http://www.soundcraft.com/palz.asp
>
> Sometimes this basic approach is the best place to start...it's a big
> mistake to assume somebody already knows the fundamentals. ;-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -John O

My pleasure to be of service. Good that you can make some use of
these.

Best regards,
Phil Simpson.

From: Joseph Ashwood on
Since I've got a few thousand pages of reading ahead of me, and bookshelf
space for all the musicians I'll be dealing with, I'll take this time to
thank everyone for all their input. Anyone else who would care to
contribute, I'll thank you ahead of time.
Joe

From: Phildo on

"Marc Amsterdam" <reply(a)newsgroup.only> wrote in message
>>Some of the most profound lessons you learn from one sentence, like
>>'Don't yell at the local guys, they won't respect you'
>

> to the above
>
> HEAR HEAR!
>
> ( translate into learn learn....)

Also, don't sleep with the girlfriend of the local crew boss. I remember a
truck coming back to the Brit Row warehouse where the boxes were stacked
right to the top, all the way to the back doors with all the wheelboards
right at the very front.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

"Joseph Ashwood" <ashwood(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> George's comment in the Slope thread got me thinking about books.
> Obviously the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook has been recommended,
> are there others? Any references are greatly appreciated.

Plenty of manufacturers have good websites with lots of info. Rane in
particular are very good.

Google is your friend. After all, it is where Arny gets all his live sound
knowledge from !!!

Phildo

From: Marc Amsterdam on
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 04:03:01 -0000, "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote:

>"Marc Amsterdam" <reply(a)newsgroup.only> wrote in message
>>>Some of the most profound lessons you learn from one sentence, like
>>>'Don't yell at the local guys, they won't respect you'
>>

>> to the above
>>
>> HEAR HEAR!
>>
>> ( translate into learn learn....)
>
>Also, don't sleep with the girlfriend of the local crew boss. I remember a
>truck coming back to the Brit Row warehouse where the boxes were stacked
>right to the top, all the way to the back doors with all the wheelboards
>right at the very front.

hehehe :-)

>Phildo

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Reverb settings
Next: EV Q66 / Dynacord S1200 Schematic?