From: Mike Williams on
"Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
> Mike Williams submitted this idea :
>> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> The problem - you didn't know the framework. Seriously,
>>> you can't approach the conversion without being intimately
>>> familar with both platforms.
>>
>> Do you know what makes me laugh most of all? It's the fact that
>> you really cannot see the implication of that statement you've
>> just made! Hilarious!
>
> Hmmm... The implication that the framework is very powerful?

No. That is not a conclusion that can be legitimately drawn from your
statement, regardless of whether it is true or not. You seem to be having a
lot of trouble with your powers of logical reasoning lately. This is the
second or third time I have had to pull you up about it recently. The
implication of your statement is that IT IS VERY DIFFERENT, and that VB.Net
is most definitely NOT Visual Basic. It has some BASIC keywords sprinkled
onto it of course, as a sort of window dressing, but that is just a
dishonest ploy of the Micro$oft sales people in order to attempt to fool
the public. It has certainly fooled you.

Mike

From: Tom Shelton on
Mike Williams used his keyboard to write :
> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>> Mike Williams submitted this idea :
>>> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Do you know what makes me laugh most of all? It's the fact that
>>> you really cannot see the implication of that statement you've
>>> just made! Hilarious!
>>
>> Hmmm... The implication that the framework is very powerful?
>
> No. That is not a conclusion that can be legitimately drawn from your
> statement,

I don't believe one could conclude anything either way form the
statement I made. But, if you took that way, then take my response a
clarification. The response you mostly snipped away, and ignored.

--
Tom Shelton

From: Access Developer on
Tom, instead of cluttering the newsgroup, why didn't you _just_ answer the
question (as I see you did) instead of arguing with Mike? The chances of
the charter being changed, either to exclude or include VB.NET, are
negligible and the chances that most of the people who answer questions here
will cease to direct people asking VB.NET questions elsewhere is equally
negligible.

There are still microsoft.public... newsgroups not only specifically for
VB.NET but for particular areas of VB.NET surviving in the news servers.
Microsoft has dropped the microsoft.public newsgroups from their free news
server "news.microsoft.com" and replaced them with forums.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

From: ralph on
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:05:07 -0500, "Access Developer"
<accdevel(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Tom, instead of cluttering the newsgroup, why didn't you _just_ answer the
>question (as I see you did) instead of arguing with Mike? The chances of
>the charter being changed, either to exclude or include VB.NET, are
>negligible and the chances that most of the people who answer questions here
>will cease to direct people asking VB.NET questions elsewhere is equally
>negligible.
>
>There are still microsoft.public... newsgroups not only specifically for
>VB.NET but for particular areas of VB.NET surviving in the news servers.
>Microsoft has dropped the microsoft.public newsgroups from their free news
>server "news.microsoft.com" and replaced them with forums.

Heartily agree.
[Opps! Split infinity. Probably will catch hell for that too. <g>]

Also Tom might consider that it isn't just getting 'A' answer that is
useful but having that response 'reviewed' by other other users is
equally valuable, and where better to insure that, than in group/forum
where the majority of users of that product hang out?

-ralph
From: Access Developer on
The Big 8 Management Committee / Group, which has its own newsgroup, is in
charge now. If anyone wants the charter changed, or, better yet, a new
VB.NET newsgroup created, that's where to start. I used to subscribe to that
newsgroup but when I changed news servers did not resubscribe, and have
forgotten the exact name. But searching should reveal all.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley
Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET
comp.databases.ms-access

"Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote