From: Mike Williams on
"Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 03/08/2010 12:10, Mike Williams wrote:
>> Another one posting dotnet stuff on the Classic VB group. Sheesh!
>
> The question came under Miscellaneous
> VB so I answered it.

The "misc" in the name of the group refers to miscellaneous questions about
the real Visual Basic, not the pretend Visual Basic that even Micro$oft
admit is different enough to warrant them creating a completely new and
completely different newsgroup for it on their very own news servers, and to
run both the real VB group and the pretend VB group concurrently.

The question was very specific and the OP asked, "Aside from zipping up the
entire tree, does anyone know of a way in VB2008 to have it store all the
information about a form in one file". Did you not notice the "VB2008" in
there? It was clearly a question about the pretend VB, for which Micro$oft
have created a new and completely different newsgroup. Have all dotnet
evangelists been so thoroughly brainwashed that they fail to see the
difference even when Micro$oft themselves clearly do? Sheesh!

Mike

From: Tom Shelton on
on 8/3/2010, Mike Williams supposed :
> "Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On 03/08/2010 12:10, Mike Williams wrote:
>>> Another one posting dotnet stuff on the Classic VB group. Sheesh!
>>
>> The question came under Miscellaneous
>> VB so I answered it.
>
> The "misc" in the name of the group refers to miscellaneous questions about
> the real Visual Basic, not the pretend Visual Basic that even Micro$oft admit
> is different enough to warrant them creating a completely new and completely
> different newsgroup for it on their very own news servers, and to run both
> the real VB group and the pretend VB group concurrently.
>
> The question was very specific and the OP asked, "Aside from zipping up the
> entire tree, does anyone know of a way in VB2008 to have it store all the
> information about a form in one file". Did you not notice the "VB2008" in
> there? It was clearly a question about the pretend VB, for which Micro$oft
> have created a new and completely different newsgroup. Have all dotnet
> evangelists been so thoroughly brainwashed that they fail to see the
> difference even when Micro$oft themselves clearly do? Sheesh!
>
> Mike

You are really starting to come unhinged, Mike. When you actually have
the athority to moderate this unmoderated group or to more importantly
decide what is or is not vb - then I'll listen to what you have to say.
Until then... LOL...

--
Tom Shelton

From: Mike Williams on

I'll repeat exactly what I have just said to Dee early about that one:

The "misc" in the name of the group refers to miscellaneous questions about
the real Visual Basic, not the pretend Visual Basic that even Micro$oft
admit is different enough to warrant them creating a completely new and
completely different newsgroup for it on their very own news servers, and to
run both the real VB group and the pretend VB group concurrently.

The question was very specific and the OP asked, "Aside from zipping up the
entire tree, does anyone know of a way in VB2008 to have it store all the
information about a form in one file". Did you not notice the "VB2008" in
there? It was clearly a question about the pretend VB, for which Micro$oft
have created a new and completely different newsgroup. Have all dotnet
evangelists been so thoroughly brainwashed that they fail to see the
difference even when Micro$oft themselves clearly do? Sheesh!

It is abundantly clear that you, Mr Shelton, are here to deliberately cause
trouble, and it would appear that Dee Early is doing the same. I really
don't know what pleasure you trolls get out of deliberately annoying the
users of Classic VB and attempting to destroy their group, but I'm sure you
must get something out of it. It really is disgraceful behaviour. It makes
me feel like going to the pretend VB groups and forums and doing the same,
but I am trying hard to resist doing that. I just wish you dotnet trolls
would try as hard to resist annoying us.

Mike

From: Mike Williams on

> And I'll say it once again... Visual Basic is a proprietary platform whose
> sysntax is
> soley owned by a single mega-corp. Because it is
> proprietary, on Microsoft gets to decide what is or is
> not Visual Basic - not you. Period.

Well that in fact is part of the problem, and it is because consumer laws
regarding software are more than a quarter of a century behind consumer laws
regarding tangible goods and services. If a food company sold a product that
they called Micro$oft Curried Chicken and if after selling it for a number
of years they decided to reduce the amount of chicken and add something
different, perhaps pork belly and hog fat, and if they continued to call it
Microsoft Curried Chicken, or perhaps Micro$oft Curried Chicken 2008, then
they would be required to stop calling it by that name and they would find
themselves subject to heavy fines in a Court of Law, and in many countries
they would even face imprisonment if they continued to do it regardless.
Luckily, though, we here in the EU are working on that one. One day the
consumer laws regarding software will be brought into line with consumer
laws regarding other products.

> Your free to do that... And if I'm around and I feel
> like it - I'm going to answer their questions - since
> this is a VB group.

That's because you are a troll and what you do is deliberately designed to
annoy people.

Mike

From: Dee Earley on
On 03/08/2010 16:37, Mike Williams wrote:
> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>>> The question came under Miscellaneous VB so I answered it.
>>
>> Exactly my point.
>>
>> Tom Shelton
>
> I'll repeat exactly what I have just said to Dee early about that one:

Who?

> The "misc" in the name of the group refers to miscellaneous questions
> about the real Visual Basic, not the pretend Visual Basic

Again, citations needed.

> Micro$oft admit is different enough to warrant them creating a
> completely new and completely different newsgroup for it on their very
> own news servers, and to run both the real VB group and the pretend VB
> group concurrently.

Yes, microsoft split their groups.
Normal Usenet just has this one.

> It is abundantly clear that you, Mr Shelton, are here to deliberately
> cause trouble, and it would appear that Dee Early is doing the same. I
> really don't know what pleasure you trolls get out of deliberately
> annoying the users of Classic VB.

What, like me?
As I said, I use many languages, but 95% of my time is in VB6.
If my posts about VB.net in an "any VB" group annoy you, then feel free
to killfile my email address.

> It makes me feel like going to the pretend VB groups and
> forums and doing the same, but I am trying hard to resist doing that.

Why? Those groups are normally explicitly vb.net only
If they aren't, feel free to give answers that are relevant to the question.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems