From: Colin Wilson on
> Again, thanks very much for any help past and future.

Have you checked the memory with something like Memtest86 ? - the
worst weekend of my life consisted of 26 attempted installs of 'doze,
each failing at different points with random error messages.

It was knackered memory.

Failing that, you might get an idea whether there's a hardware issue
by booting a linux live CD...
From: WSZsr on
Go into the BIOS to the SATA Operation setting and change it from "Raid
Autodetect/AHCI" to "Raid Autodetect/ATA" and give it a try.

From: Juan Kerr on
On Apr 20, 1:01 pm, "WSZsr" <nos...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Go into the BIOS to the SATA Operation setting and change it from "Raid
> Autodetect/AHCI" to "Raid Autodetect/ATA" and give it a try.

That rings a bell, I'm pretty sure that's what I had to do to convince
Vista that it *really* needed to install.

From: Dave Smith on
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 07:01:21 -0500, "WSZsr" <nospam(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Go into the BIOS to the SATA Operation setting and change it from "Raid
>Autodetect/AHCI" to "Raid Autodetect/ATA" and give it a try.
>
>"Dave Smith" <Sallydog(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 22:07:12 -0700, Dave Smith <Sallydog(a)cox.net>
>> wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it and no go.

After that I reset the BIOS to factory default just in case something
else had changed and after removing the Diskette drive from the boot
sequence it booted off the recovery disc but then to the same BSOD.
From: Christopher Muto on
> On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 07:01:21 -0500, "WSZsr" <nospam(a)hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Go into the BIOS to the SATA Operation setting and change it from "Raid
>>Autodetect/AHCI" to "Raid Autodetect/ATA" and give it a try.
>>
>>"Dave Smith" <Sallydog(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 22:07:12 -0700, Dave Smith <Sallydog(a)cox.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>

> Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it and no go.
>
> After that I reset the BIOS to factory default just in case something
> else had changed and after removing the Diskette drive from the boot
> sequence it booted off the recovery disc but then to the same BSOD.

this must be very frustrating... i wonder if the led diagnostic lights
labled abcd that are on the back of the system are light in all green or are
reporting an error code (off, green, or amber in any combination). also, if
you have the original cds, have you trid popping in the diagnostic cd and
seeing if the system passes all diagnostics?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: PBR
Next: Need picture of Altec Lansing ACS340 power supply