From: Tom Scales on

Sounds like none of your disks have the SATA drivers. Download them
from Dell, make the floppy and when it prompts you for drivers, press
F6. Should load them and everything should go fine.

From: Tom Scales on
But which disk is which is confusing. I have two Dell XP SP2 disks.
Both green. One with drivers. One without.

From: Tom Scales on
Not true. On my Dimension 9200, the newer disks works fine. The older
disk BSOD's.

From: Dave Smith on
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:22:14 GMT, "Tom Scales" <tjscales(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]

Just to be clear, I have two XP discs. The original one that came
with the computer and also a store-bought XP Pro with SP-1. They fail
a bit differently but at the same point. The Dell disc goes to a BSOD,
the store-bought one just freezes. I would think that the one that
came with the machine would have the SATA drivers but I will certainly
try your suggestion.

Thanks to all.

Dave
From: Pen on
Dave Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:22:14 GMT, "Tom Scales" <tjscales(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:

The 9150 has diagnostic light, they're in front. See
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim9150/en/sm/specs.htm#wp1053343
also click on the diagnostic lights link in that document.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: PBR
Next: Need picture of Altec Lansing ACS340 power supply