First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Constructing A[tau*omega] from A[tau, omega]
Hello-- I am reading a very interesting paper on acoustics which describes a numerical procedure used to construct a discrete vector of values from a signal. This vector is then used along with some mathematics to calculate the attenuation of a sound pulse through a medium. Essentially, the procedure has th... 12 Mar 2010 11:38
ICNAAM 2010 Mini-Symposium on Computational Bioimaging and Visualization
Dear Colleague, Within the ICNAAM 2010 - 8th International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics (http://www.icnaam.org), to be held in Rhodes, Greece, on 19-25 September 2010, we are organizing the Mini- Symposium on “Computational Bioimaging and Visualization”. Due to your research activitie... 9 Mar 2010 14:37
Whitened Matched Filter
I am trying to figure out why all treatments of MLSE receiver for ISI channels use the idea of a matched-filter followed by a noise whitening filter? Isn't the latter a simple inverse of the former? In fact if we simply don't go into the matched-filter/whitening-filter duo, we can still derive what Proakis refers... 9 Mar 2010 14:37
How to generate a Gaussian time correlated process?
Hi, What is the most efficient way to generate a noise process that is Gaussian correlated in time from a white noise process? I'm having trouble coming up with a simple FIR filter that will do this. Any suggestions? Thanks, ~mohan ... 11 Mar 2010 13:24
radiographic images
Hi all iam working on radiographic images , i need some assistance for the issues iam getting. can i post the questions in this group or any other group is related to image processing please help me, thank you ... 9 Mar 2010 04:32
laptop for matlab
Hello all, I need to buy a new laptop mainly for doing compute intensive 3D image processing using Matlab. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good configuration or product suggestions? Thanks in advance. Ravi. ... 9 Mar 2010 07:48
GMSK: how to normalize I, Q sample
Hi, in GSM, the I, Q sample values received at the tranceiver is between 0 and 65536. I want to verify this by the fact that I^2 + Q^2 =1. I choose the following formula: if I > 32767 choose I - 65536, else choose I if Q > 32767 choose Q - 65536, else choose Q and calculate (I/32767)^2 + (Q/32767)^2, ... 9 Mar 2010 15:46
Inertial navigation (anyone familiar with this stuff here?)
Hi all. I'll take the chance and ask this question here in the forum since perhaps there are someone familiar with INS here. I'm trying to do some inertial navigation for (what perhaps will become) an autonomous all-terrain vehicle with a strapdown inertial sensor (an ADIS16350 from Analog Devices) with a 3... 11 Mar 2010 12:15
How to get envelope from AM signal without phase shift
Hi, Does any one know how to extract the envelope of an amplitude modulated signal without a phase shift, distortions, and able to determine the envelope in between the signal cycles. One way that almost works is to simply devide the signal by the carrier but, this technique is too sensitive to phase noise. I have a... 14 Apr 2010 13:17
How Rune Allnor can attend the COMP.DSP Conference
Hi, I have figured out a way that will enable Rune Allnor to attend our COMP.DSP Conference in Kansas City next month. Rune all you have to do is complete the following steps: [1] Hijack the ship on which you are working. [2] Cross the Atlantic Ocean and enter the St. Lawrence Seaway. [3] Travel acro... 11 Mar 2010 04:32