First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
What is KMDF_VERSION_MAJOR actually for?
Hi guys, As you possibly know, a WDM driver, either using Windows2K3 DDK or Windows7 WDK, can be perfectly implemented as a VC6 or VS2005/2008 project, without including the makefile. The project is quite like a standard DLL and you just need to set the correct directories and some settings of the project. ... 17 May 2010 05:52
driver test self signing in Windows 7
I am having dificulties with the self signing process in Windows 7. I am following the selfsign.cmd sample in the WDK to test sign my printer driver and can successfully sign for XP but Windows 7 is still asking for permission when installing the driver that is self signed. Is there a known issue with Windows 7 ... 21 May 2010 16:08
NdisMRegisterScatterGatherDma returns NDIS_STATUS_RESOURCES on 64 bit
Hi, When i call the NdisMRegisterScatterGatherDma on 64 bit 2008 system, it returns NDIS_STATUS_RESOURCES always, whereas, if i use this API on 32 bit 2008 system, it returns appropriate handle. Any clues... Regards, Naresh (Microsoft India Community Star) ... 14 May 2010 12:50
DEVFUND-0046 requirement for Windows Logo Submission
Hi, As you may know there is a new requirement for Window Logo the is going to be effective June 1, 2010 (DEVFUND-0046). I was wondering if this new requirement also applies to drivers that are submitted under the Unclassified Category? Thanks. ... 14 May 2010 23:45
Retired Categories in Windows Logo Submission
Hi, On July 14, 2009, Microsoft announced that they are going to retire a few Logo Submission categories from their logo program. Here is the text from the Newsletter: Logo Program Categories Retiring in June 2010 The Tape Drive, Medium Changer, and Serial Port Adapters logo program categories are retiri... 8 Jun 2010 16:04
added FltRegisterFilter to the WDK kbdFilter example..get link
hi and thanks for replying ! well i am (trying to) write a mini keyboard filter driver. i have no experience doing this, i started it all yesterday. anyway like i say i have got the WDK mini keyboard filter driver example up and running, ive got it logging to debugview just fine. what i need to do is really sim... 13 May 2010 12:43
added FltRegisterFilter to the WDK kbdFilter example..get linker e
hello, i have built and have successfuly installed and used the sample mini filter keyboard driver from the WDK samples. i have modified the DriverEntry function to call FltRegisterFilter....and i get a linker error....'unresolved external symbol _FltRegisterFilter(a)12'. i am sure this function lives in flt... 12 May 2010 11:23
What WDK to use for WDF 1.7 ?
We need to distribute a driver with WDF 1.7. It has to work on all OSes (XP, Vista, Win7). What WDK should we install to get the right coinstallers? WDK 6001.18001, which contains coinstallers 6001.18000, comes with the following readme (here truncated): "WDK ... 6001.18000 ... DO NOT DISTRIBUTE" I believe we... 24 May 2010 07:58
SetupCopyOEMInf failing when installing usbser.sys based devic
Yes I have tried is on other 64 bit machines in our QA lab - they worked fine. I do NOT have a disk100 in my [SourceDisksNames] What should the section look like? Thanks Geoff "Tim Roberts" wrote: Geoff <Geoff(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I am using the microsoft supplied usbser.sy... 11 May 2010 19:03
Yes - Checked on other 64 bit machines
Yes - it has been checked on other 64bit machines in our QA - they install without issue I do not have that in my section, what should it look like? Thanks for replying Tim Roberts wrote: Have you tested this on 64-bit machines? 05-May-10 Have you tested this on 64-bit machines? Do you have ... 12 May 2010 23:40