First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Failed to modify existing service
Hello experts I successfully preinstalled my driver under Windows 7 32 bit with dpinst. After plug in of my usb device I get an error message that the driver couldn't be installed. The setupapi.dev.log tells me: !!! dvi: Add Service: Failed to modify existing service 'WinUSB'. W... 11 Jun 2010 07:03
Regarding DrvDocumentEvent and Windows Vista
Hi, I am having an application that will be monitoring the print jobs to my printer. I use the job identifier passed in the DrvDocumentEvent() DOCUMENTEVENT_STARTDOCPOST notification of my driver's UI DLL to perform monitoring. I have a problem when windows vista is used as client with shared printers... 11 Jun 2010 04:53
MAC address filtering by the NIC card
Hi, In my NDIS protocol driver I make a request to the NIC driver to set the filter to PROMISCUOUS_PACKET_FILTER to receive packets with different MAC address other than the card's MAC address. Is there a way to configure the NIC driver to receive packets with specific MAC address without using the promisc... 11 Jun 2010 09:14
Newbie question: Getting checked builds of Windows XP
Where does one get checked builds of Windows XP? I'd like to install just the checked OS and HAL (per this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff547196.aspx), but there's no mention of where the checked versions of those files come from. It seems like this might be something one could get with an... 11 Jun 2010 10:20
Print Processor in Windows 7
Hi all, I have an issue with an own print processor developed with the WDK. My own print processor is working properly in Windows XP and I've now recompiled the source code with WDK 7.1, everything seems to work (the code is compiled without errors and I can register the print processor without problems in the... 10 Jun 2010 10:01
AQ Test "RunFirstRun" for MultimediaControllers
Dear all, I started the WHQL test for a Tv card driver and since yesterday the test "RunFirstRun" for the additional qualification tests for MediaCenter in WLK 1.5. did not run. It is always broken. Someteimes it could not set the Anntena choice for 20s and if this functioned it stopped because the update o... 10 Jun 2010 08:54
Which driver matches best
Hi Windows 7, 32bit When there are more than one drivers for one USB device on the system, the setupapi.dev.log states: "selecting best match from just driver store" There is one driver for "NT.6.0" and one driver for "NTx86.6.0" on my system. Why does this system select the driver for "NT.6.0" as best m... 15 Jun 2010 14:18
Intercepting and blocking registry access
Hi. I need a way to hook registry functions such as ZwQueryKey, and make it return STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED depending on some condition. At this point I have a half-working driver that hooks the SSDT table. The hook function calls PrevQueryKey(hKey, KeyNameInformation, NULL, 0, &length) and PrevQueryKey(hKey, KeyNam... 10 Jun 2010 20:11
Inserting simulated keyboard input and driver keyboard filters
Hi, I tried using SendInput() but it does not look like our keyboard filter in our driver is seeing these keystrokes. * Can anyone confirm that this does or does not work? * Can anyone tell me how to get a driver keyboard filter to see simulated keystrokes. Regards, J.R. Heisey Lead Software Engineer S... 9 Jun 2010 18:43
OPenFileDialog in Unidriver printer drive
I need to open a file dialog to select configuration or other files that the driver UI should use or send to the printer. I can't find any documentation on using Win32 API's to do this. Is it possible to use the MFC class CFileDialog or the OpenFileDialog class? -- \Manfred ... 14 Jun 2010 18:30