First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Device properties registry permissions
Hello, What are the "correct" Win7 registry permission and ownership settings for device properties? When I try to view device Properties keys (e.g. enum\PCI) in Regedit a popup says: "Properties cannot be opened. An error is preventing this key from being opened. Details: Access is denied" even though I'm ... 27 Jun 2010 19:25
Unexpected driver verifier message"The previously-set IRP_MJ_POWER status has been converted to STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED"
Did you indicate the device could do wait wake from the IRP_MN_QUERY_CAPABILITES request, if so I beliew you will see what you are getting. Why someone would have a WDM bus driver these days unless it already existing and the changes are not too major is beyond me, KMDF is definitely the way to go here. Don B... 22 Jun 2010 17:10
Unexpected driver verifier message"The previously-set IRP_MJ_POWER status has been converted to STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED"
Hi All, I'm working on the WDM bus driver that cooperates with UMDF client drivers (FDOs) under Win7. During the testing with verifier on I found driver verifier to stop debugger with a message "The previously-set IRP_MJ_POWER status has been converted to STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED." The problem occurs when UMDF FDO dri... 22 Jun 2010 17:10
Parallel port under Windows 7
Did somebody try writing values to parallel port under Windows 7? So far I am unable to do it. Stuff that worked on XP doesn't under Win7. CreateFile("LPT3"...) succeeds but all subsequent commands (GetCommState, WriteFile) fail. I stopped spooling and followed recommendations from http://support.microsoft.co... 21 Jun 2010 18:04
UniqueId in device_capabilities
Hi Does anyone know how the DEVICE_CAPABILTIES.UniqueId is handled for Usb composite devices and the individual device interfaces ? We are observing that the uniqueId field is not being set in the individual interface function devices - but only for the composite device itself. Hence the question - TIA ... 22 Jun 2010 18:16
writing a driver to make a USB wireless stick, appear as gig10 wir
Hi, I would like to wrap a driver for a USB wireless 802.11g stick, in a driver that makes the stick appear to the OS as a wired gig10 device, and automatically connect via DHCP. The connection and device parameters can be stored on local disk. Are there any wireless chipset providers that ship windows dri... 21 Jun 2010 18:04
Dexcel Electronics Designs is Hiring in Chennai
DeXcel Electronics Designs is Hiring We are planning to Conduct Interviews in Chennai for Hiring Hardware and Software Professionals. Kindly confirm your interest by sending in your updated resume in word document along with the below details on Sharad(a)dexceldesignas.com Open Positions:- Education: BE/BTe... 21 Jun 2010 10:14
kbfiltr compiled for Windows 7 x64, fails to run keyboard & m
Hi Doron, The Signtool indicated a sucessful signing, but your question led me to try disabling checking at boot time and everything worked. I Guess I didn't understand the validation process (at boot time) well enough! I'm in the process of obtaining a trusted certificate that I will use to sign our driver... 20 Jun 2010 17:51
About the interrupt handling
Dear all, Recently, I am developing a driver for a PCI-based multiserial cards(9054+16c554+CPLD). The PCI bus has allocated the interrupt(IRQ 20) for 9054. However,There are no independent serial ports' interrupt line connect to the PCI bus. (The serial ports are just enumerated from my own bus driver, and... 22 Jun 2010 13:50
I need to implement "N-Up" printing for my Print Dialog
Hi Friends, I need to implement "N-up" printing ( so that I can select multiple pages to be printed in one sheet ) in my applications print Dialog . I searched the MSDN i found that this can be done by using the function "DrvQueryJobAttributes" of Print Interface dll . But I am nor sure how I can utilize t... 20 Jun 2010 06:59