First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
kernel mode cryptographic services on Windows 7
Could someone please point me to a link decribing kernel mode cryptographic services on Windows 7? Basically all I need to do is create a sha1 hash of some data. I am aware of this link discussing fips.sys on earlier versions of Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc750356.aspx. But I though... 23 Jul 2010 21:20
parallel port addresses
Hi everybody, i had written a driver uses inport() and outport() macros to write to LPT1 . I use base address 378h and data port 378h + 400h, Driver is working truely, But there is another PC HP compaq desktop . Driver didnt work . I look from XP hardware manager , LPT1 io resource is at EF00 - EF07. I had decide... 2 Aug 2010 07:04
usb mouse descriptor failed to work
Hi, I`ve a problem with my mouse descriptor. At the moment, the mouse device will be always shown at the top left corner of the main screen. Anyway which values will be transmitted to the host computer. Maybe there`s an error in my report descriptor... I don`t need the buttons which will be available at a nor... 23 Jul 2010 12:33
Unidrv rendering Plug-in
I was expecting that Unidrv Plug-in that implements, for example, a hook for a function OEMTextOut, got a call when I print a text file in the respective Installed Printer (virtual at the moment, refer to OemUni DDK example). But this seems not to happen, can someone give me any suggestion to find out my mistake? ... 23 Jul 2010 07:00
UMDF and Storport
Hi all, I'm attempting to come up to speed on KMDF and UMDF driver development. I'm looking at developing a virtual disk/RAID driver. It seems that Storport fits this scenario perfectly, please correct me if I am wrong. My question is, are you able to write a Storport driver using UMDF? I have not found any... 22 Jul 2010 16:56
Searching resources or books to learn Vista&Win7 OGL driver develo
Did you ever receive a response? I too am in the same boat or at least sailing in roughly the same direction "driver_guy" wrote: Hi, Can any expert tell me where to find good books and resources to learn Vista or Win7 OpenGL driver development? Thanks KC ... 22 Jul 2010 14:44
cpp file that includes ntddk.h does not compile on AMD64
Hi, I've posted this question on the VC++ general forum but someone instructed me to post it here. I have a cpp program that uses ntddk.h(located in $(DDK_INSTALL_DIR)\inc\ddk\wnet) - the ddk version is 3790.1830. I am trying to compile it using MsVStudio2005(via project or Makefile). It works for target ... 26 Jul 2010 06:12
Installing the Device Driver SDK
I am not able to install the Driver Kit. It errors out almost immediately with Error installing Device Simulation Framework Development Environment" I am running Windows Professional with Service Pack 3 and the latest .Net framework (3.5). I was wondering if someone could help me track down the cause of the ... 21 Jul 2010 15:50
How to install a "Communications cable between two computers"
I need a PPP connection thru a COM port. Going thru the New Connection Wizard and selecting a COM port, XP installs a new modem "Communications cable between two computers" which is then used by a new "Direct" RAS connection. Setting up the RAS connection was easy by means of RasSetEntryProperties. But how... 23 Jul 2010 13:39
VXDs for WFWG
On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 22:48 +0100, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote: Only just found this in my list of things to reply to! Can Watcom C/C++ build VXDs for WFWG 3.11? Yes. People have done that very thing. What else would I need? There are VXDs in OpenWatcom that are built using nothing but... 21 Jul 2010 08:04