First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Error 39 with Coinstaller (USB-Kmdf)
Hi, to ease solution, here is the contents of setupact.log retrieved after installation try of USB device. No error message appears clearly : WdfCoInstaller: [09/07/2010 17:08.52.769] DIF_INSTALLDEVICE: Pre-Processing WdfCoInstaller: [09/07/2010 17:08.52.780] ReadComponents: WdfSection for Driver Service Tes... 19 Sep 2010 18:36
Duplicate DeviceInterfases
Hi I work on a Device Upper Filter (WDK: Toaster) I'm in the FilterAddDevice function and Enum the DeviceInterfaces with IoGetDeviceInterfaces Now my question: How can i dublicate an DeviceInterface (in the same or an other InterfaceClassGuid) with all Node/Pin Propertys/Data/... The Interface is in its Dr... 19 Sep 2010 18:36
Beginner's anti-piracy: is there a unique unchangeable GUID for every hardware device?
> Is "Driver key" or "Device Instance Path" unique for every single device? Are they "un-spoofable" by the hardware manufacturer or by someone using the hardware? I want an ID that the hardware manufacturer cannot duplicate Usually, USB serial numbers are really unique, but, if the HW vendor wants - they ca... 19 Sep 2010 18:36
Beginner's anti-piracy: is there a unique unchangeable GUID for everyhardware device?
Is "Driver key" or "Device Instance Path" unique for every single device? Are they "un-spoofable" by the hardware manufacturer or by someone using the hardware? I want an ID that the hardware manufacturer cannot duplicate in other devices or be manipulated manually by anybody. Does this exist? Can it be made to... 19 Sep 2010 18:36
WinUSB as a functional driver to replace an existing HIDUSB kernelmode driver
Yes, what you want to do is possible with WinUSB. Just write your INF so that, for the experiment mouse's hardware ID, WinUSB will load. Be sure to specify a unique device interface GUID in the INF. On 9/7/2010 7:55 PM, Justin wrote: I am looking for the simplest way to replace the driver of an existing USB... 19 Sep 2010 18:36
HBA have direct accesss to SrbExtension?
WDK docs says, The memory at SrbExtension is not initialized by the OS-specific port driver, and the miniport driver-determined data can be accessed directly by the HBA. The corresponding physical address can be obtained by calling ScsiPortGetPhysicalAddress with the SrbExtension pointer. Does it mean that the... 19 Sep 2010 18:36
WinUSB as a functional driver to replace an existing HIDUSB kernel mode driver
I am looking for the simplest way to replace the driver of an existing USB optical mouse. (This is an experimental project) I know i could write a KMD to replace the driver but reverse engineering and existing device and debugging KMDs is challenging at best. Basically im looking read the opical mouse input data to use... 19 Sep 2010 18:36
hal!KfLowerIrql change data in system memory for SCSI miniport
"Satya" wrote: Is it SCSIPORT!ScsiPortFdoDispatch or hal!KfLowerIrql? Or maybe there are still problems with my driver code? I would guess there are issues in the driver code. Perhaps the memory you think you own is freed and claimed by someone else and they are scribbling in the same area... 19 Sep 2010 18:36
DTM failed "Verify WDF Coinstaller Version for KMDF"
I have an unclassified USB device driver built in XP driver environment. The driver package uses the WDF coinstaller C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\redist\wdf\x86\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll. The DTM (DTM version 1.5.7565.000, WTT version 2.2.2098.0) fails the KMDF coinstaller version verification test for the XP, Vist... 19 Sep 2010 18:36
Syntax error with WinDBG command line -c ".cls;g"
I am using WinDBG 6.12.2.663 to debug a target (VMWare ware guest) over COM pipe. I intend to pass a command line that clears the screen and continues debugging. So, I pass -c ".cls;g" and I get the syntax error Processing initial command '.cls;g' 0: kd> .cls;g ^ Syntax error in '.cls;g' It works f... 27 Sep 2010 17:37
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last