First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
.NET 3.5 - System.Reflection.Assembly does not release object (DLL
"Wolfixx" wrote: Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the d... 9 Apr 2010 01:16
.NET 3.5 - System.Reflection.Assembly does not release object (DLL) after use
Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the derived class by using Reflection which w... 5 Apr 2010 08:18
Creating a setup that automatically installs .NET
Hi, I have made a program in C#, but most of my clients doesn't have .NET installed on their computer. I would like to make it easy for them to install my program so I want to create an installation that will automatically check if .NET is installed, and if not, it will install .NET (also automatically), and only ... 3 Apr 2010 14:51
Start background thread when a UI button is clicked, and Update UI button from background thread
I was asked these questions during a technical interview: 1) When the user clicks on a button on the form and that invokes a lot of heavy-duty calculations, what would you do? My answer: I would use "BeginInvoke" to start a background worker thread to do the heavy-duty calculations, in order to avoid blockin... 31 Mar 2010 17:44
SQL Server Express 2008 - missing service
Hi, I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine. The new machine is windows 7. I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008 Here are my steps i did. I installed Visual Studio 2008 Installed VS2008 sp1 Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005 ver... 1 Apr 2010 11:16
Configuring XML Serialization to not add an element
Hi, I have the follwoing class structure: public class MyClass { public Fields Fields; } public partial class Fields { public BaseField[] myFields; } [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlInclude(typeof(DerivedField))] public class BaseField { //some properties } [XmlRoot("derived")] public par... 31 Mar 2010 12:08
FormClosing() and FormClosed()
Hi. I have a hidden form in my app. When i call that form's Close() method from another form to close it, the form's FormClosing() and FormClosed() events are not raised. Is this behaviour normal and expected? Tq. ... 31 Mar 2010 07:39
Can I Order My Collection?
All, If I want to build a collection in a specific order, and I'm filling it from a TableAdapter whose source query I can not change, how would I put it in the order of one of the columns in the underlying query? I've tried various things as spelled out in my book and other sources, but nothing seems to "recog... 30 Mar 2010 11:39
Internet/email downloading/installation issues
**HELP**! I have windows vista. Anytime I try to download anything from the internet or attachments from my e-mail the "run" screen will pop up and when I click it, it blinks and disappears and nothing else happens. I have never had any problems downloading before, the sites i use are trusted. No warning signs... 27 Mar 2010 01:11
Lost Thread/Subprocess
"Tobias Bergmann" <itistime115959(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message news:e9Q#DJAzKHA.2436(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I think the problem is: The background object still works even without the calling object but when the IE is closed nobody tells the background object that the hosting process was stopped... 30 Mar 2010 09:26