From: Chris on
Whiskers wrote:

> On 2009-10-21, Chris <ithinkiam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tony van der Hoff wrote:

>>> I appreciate it's work-related, but what is the problem with t'bird.
>>
>> Nothing, intrinsically. However, the IMAP server has decided to take a
>> dislike to it and TB now won't receive any new mail. The inbox is greyed
>> out.
>>
>> It's clearly a configuration issue, but those in charge of it are
>> unwilling/unable to deal with it. I've a feeling they want to persuade
>> those of us still using this server to use the 'officially sanctioned'
>> Groupwise service... <spit>
>
> Presumably you've tried to 'subscribe' to your IMAP folders from
> Thunderbird.

Yes. I can see all my folders and read the mail within them fine.
It's 'only' the Inbox that's borked

--
The email address is a spam trap. I rarely use it.
From: Whiskers on
On 2009-10-22, Chris <ithinkiam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Whiskers wrote:

>>> Nothing, intrinsically. However, the IMAP server has decided to take a
>>> dislike to it and TB now won't receive any new mail. The inbox is greyed
>>> out.
>>>
>>> It's clearly a configuration issue, but those in charge of it are
>>> unwilling/unable to deal with it. I've a feeling they want to persuade
>>> those of us still using this server to use the 'officially sanctioned'
>>> Groupwise service... <spit>
>>
>> Presumably you've tried to 'subscribe' to your IMAP folders from
>> Thunderbird.
>
> Yes. I can see all my folders and read the mail within them fine.
> It's 'only' the Inbox that's borked

Any of the reported bugs look like yours?
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relev
ance+desc&bug_status=__all__&product=Thunderbird&content=IMAP+inbox>

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
From: John Stumbles on
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:29:05 +0100, Chris wrote:

> To cut a long story short I need to move away from Thunderbird at work and
> so far have found evolution to be best alternative. Except for a couple of
> niggles:
>
> - I'd like to be able to store replies in the same folder as the original
> email

I'd like to be able to do that on Thunderbird! (AKA Icedove on Debian.) Is
it possible, if so how?

--
John Stumbles

"I used to think correlation implied causation.
Then I took a statistics course and now I don't."
"Sounds as if the statistics course helped."
"Well, maybe."
From: Chris on
John Stumbles wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:29:05 +0100, Chris wrote:
>
>> To cut a long story short I need to move away from Thunderbird at work
>> and so far have found evolution to be best alternative. Except for a
>> couple of niggles:
>>
>> - I'd like to be able to store replies in the same folder as the
>> original
>> email
>
> I'd like to be able to do that on Thunderbird! (AKA Icedove on Debian.) Is
> it possible, if so how?

Use the 'Copy sent to current' extension from the add-ons site.

--
The email address is a spam trap. I rarely use it.
From: John Stumbles on
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:29:05 +0000, Chris wrote:

> Use the 'Copy sent to current' extension from the add-ons site.

Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with the (probably ancient)
version of Icedove shipped with Debian stable.

--
John Stumbles

The rain, it rains upon the Just, and on the Unjust fella
But more upon the Just because the Unjust's got the Just's umbrella
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: USB serial adapter
Next: Lexmark X5495 anyone ?