From: Pat Conover on
I finally got sick enough of IE8 to try Firefox and all I can say is WOW!
It's like driving a Ferrari compared to a Kia. You folks always recommended
it, but I never knew it was that much faster. I use IE8 because a lot of my
business sites only use it and I thought I was pretty much stuck with it.

Are there any IE8 plugins or compatibility mode to use? The local MLS site
I use won't load right with FF, so I guess I need to use IE8 for that.

Thanks, Pat

From: Ben Myers on
On 7/31/2010 5:43 PM, Pat Conover wrote:
> I finally got sick enough of IE8 to try Firefox and all I can say is WOW!
> It's like driving a Ferrari compared to a Kia. You folks always recommended
> it, but I never knew it was that much faster. I use IE8 because a lot of my
> business sites only use it and I thought I was pretty much stuck with it.
>
> Are there any IE8 plugins or compatibility mode to use? The local MLS site
> I use won't load right with FF, so I guess I need to use IE8 for that.
>
> Thanks, Pat

Pat,

There was an IE plug-in for earlier versions of Firefox and it would
even do the Windows Update song and dance. Unfortunately, too many
commercial business web sites have bought into the proprietary Microsoft
way of web browsing, so Active X and Dot-Net stuff abounds.

.... Ben Myers
From: Pat Conover on
"Ben Myers" <ben_myers(a)charter.net> wrote in message
> On 7/31/2010 5:43 PM, Pat Conover wrote:
>> I finally got sick enough of IE8 to try Firefox and all I can say is WOW!
>> It's like driving a Ferrari compared to a Kia. You folks always
>> recommended
>> it, but I never knew it was that much faster. I use IE8 because a lot of
>> my
>> business sites only use it and I thought I was pretty much stuck with it.
>>
>> Are there any IE8 plugins or compatibility mode to use? The local MLS
>> site
>> I use won't load right with FF, so I guess I need to use IE8 for that.
>>
>> Thanks, Pat
>>

> Pat,
>
> There was an IE plug-in for earlier versions of Firefox and it would even
> do the Windows Update song and dance. Unfortunately, too many commercial
> business web sites have bought into the proprietary Microsoft way of web
> browsing, so Active X and Dot-Net stuff abounds.
>
> ... Ben Myers

Ben,

No biggie, I can switch back and forth as needed, was just wondering though
because I had only used Firefox for a little while and already found several
useful plugins. Nice program that does what its supposed to do! Just
kicking myself for not switching years ago, like you all told me to. Pat

From: RnR on
In article <i32kag$du3$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, public(a)comcast.net
says...

> "Ben Myers" <ben_myers(a)charter.net> wrote in message
> > On 7/31/2010 5:43 PM, Pat Conover wrote:
> >> I finally got sick enough of IE8 to try Firefox and all I can say is WOW!
> >> It's like driving a Ferrari compared to a Kia. You folks always
> >> recommended
> >> it, but I never knew it was that much faster. I use IE8 because a lot of
> >> my
> >> business sites only use it and I thought I was pretty much stuck with it.
> >>
> >> Are there any IE8 plugins or compatibility mode to use? The local MLS
> >> site
> >> I use won't load right with FF, so I guess I need to use IE8 for that.
> >>
> >> Thanks, Pat
> >>

> > Pat,
> >
> > There was an IE plug-in for earlier versions of Firefox and it would even
> > do the Windows Update song and dance. Unfortunately, too many commercial
> > business web sites have bought into the proprietary Microsoft way of web
> > browsing, so Active X and Dot-Net stuff abounds.
> >
> > ... Ben Myers
>
> Ben,
>
> No biggie, I can switch back and forth as needed, was just wondering though
> because I had only used Firefox for a little while and already found several
> useful plugins. Nice program that does what its supposed to do! Just
> kicking myself for not switching years ago, like you all told me to. Pat

Yes, MLS where I am won't play friendly with Firefox either. I only use
IE for the sites that aren't compatible with firefox which for me is
about 2% of where I go to. And Ben is correct. There was a IE plugin
for firefox but I'm not sure if it still works for the most recent
firefox versions. Their website will tell you this. And yes, I too like
firefox and I think I've been using it for 3 or 4 years now.
From: Christopher Muto on
Pat Conover wrote:
> "Ben Myers" <ben_myers(a)charter.net> wrote in message
>> On 7/31/2010 5:43 PM, Pat Conover wrote:
>>> I finally got sick enough of IE8 to try Firefox and all I can say is WOW!
>>> It's like driving a Ferrari compared to a Kia. You folks always
>>> recommended
>>> it, but I never knew it was that much faster. I use IE8 because a lot of
>>> my
>>> business sites only use it and I thought I was pretty much stuck with it.
>>>
>>> Are there any IE8 plugins or compatibility mode to use? The local MLS
>>> site
>>> I use won't load right with FF, so I guess I need to use IE8 for that.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Pat
>>>

>> Pat,
>>
>> There was an IE plug-in for earlier versions of Firefox and it would even
>> do the Windows Update song and dance. Unfortunately, too many commercial
>> business web sites have bought into the proprietary Microsoft way of web
>> browsing, so Active X and Dot-Net stuff abounds.
>>
>> ... Ben Myers
>
> Ben,
>
> No biggie, I can switch back and forth as needed, was just wondering though
> because I had only used Firefox for a little while and already found several
> useful plugins. Nice program that does what its supposed to do! Just
> kicking myself for not switching years ago, like you all told me to. Pat

google chrome is impressive too. but neither chrome or firefox support
active-x so you have to keep in mind why you are unable to view certain
sites or simply unable to check out when shopping some sites. i find it
frustrating enough that i still mainly use ie despite its other problems.