First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
FreeBSD VPS
Hi All, Has anyone had any experience with any VPS providers of FreeBSD? I'm looking for a FreeBSD VPS. Cheers ~rjw ... 28 Jun 2010 01:56
laptop Horizsync and Vertrefresh unkown
I Recently configured x11 for my laptop. The xorg - config script worked first time and generated the configure file. However, I noted that the Horizsync and VertRefresh were absent. The handbook says I should fill these values in myself. This is the problem. My laptop user manual says nothing and I have looked car... 26 Jun 2010 11:55
Right way to reboot host from CRON?
On 06/25/2010 03:53 PM, Gilles Ganault wrote: Hello As a work-around to solve an occasional application lock-up, I'd like to gracefully reboot a FreeBSD 6.3 x86 host every night at midnight. Is adding this line to crontab the right way? 0 0 * * * root /etc/rc.shutdown OR 0 0 * *... 25 Jun 2010 13:11
[6.3] Right way to reboot host from CRON?
Hello As a work-around to solve an occasional application lock-up, I'd like to gracefully reboot a FreeBSD 6.3 x86 host every night at midnight. Is adding this line to crontab the right way? 0 0 * * * root /etc/rc.shutdown OR 0 0 * * * root shutdown -r now Thank you. ... 25 Jun 2010 06:37
Where can I find Xlib.h?
I need to compile certain programs that need the various header files for the Xlib system. Can anyone help and identify what package I would need to install to get Xlib.h ? thanks ... 24 Jun 2010 16:22
USB Printer
I read the handbook section on printing and it seems to suggest that USB printers are not well supported - but i think this might be a section written some time ago. Can anyone give me any pointers on whether the EPSON Stylus DX4050 has been made to work under freebsd? It is a USB printer that had worked und... 30 Jun 2010 11:59
is there no longer a port of pine newsreader?
Can't seem to find pine in the ports or package list. Is this software still around - any ideas? ... 23 Jun 2010 07:19
iTunes in emulator?
Hi, need some advice on whether anyone has sucessfully set up iTunes to run inside an emulator on freebsd? I have an iPhone and the only reason I have windows is so that I can use it to sync my phone . My question is - can I still do this in freebsd without windows? ... 23 Jun 2010 09:30
Dictionary attack avoids active logins?
Hi all, In browsing through _lots_ of breakin attempts recorded through the logfiles, I've been surprised by the complete avoidance of password guessing attempts for the accounts actively in use on the machines. It seems fairly clear that they're being avoided by some mechanism, but it's not easy (for me) to ... 21 Jun 2010 23:36
CFP EuroBSDCon 2010
In case someone didn't know, the call for papers for the EuroBSDCon 2010 has begun. http://2010.eurobsdcon.org -- A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail? ... 20 Jun 2010 08:02