First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
httpd PID and finding the linked web site
Hello, I would like to be able to identify the web site (httpd acces log) or user that is using a specific PID when using top. I suspect an attack or unusual traffic on a web site that uses a lot of CPU... There are several PID but no way to find out wich web site it is... Thanks for any pointers! -- MAP ... 11 Jun 2010 15:54
NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 8 June 2010 Lisp NYC Meet and NYLUG Hack Meet
On Tuesday 8 June 2010 on the Island of the Manahattoes, Lisp NYC will gather to eat and drink. And the NYLUG Hackfolk will gather to first Squeak, then eat and drink. These two meetings are in different places. Full details below in the two official announcements. Jay Sulzberger <secretary(a)lxny.org> Corres... 8 Jun 2010 02:33
rm -R * ... "illegal byte sequence"
I'm trying to remove a directory, but some of the files remain and it gives me the error "illegal byte sequence". How do I get rid of these files? ... 7 Jun 2010 17:43
OpenTTD From Gnome?
I have FreeBSD 7.3 running with Gnome and try to launch the OpenTTD 1.0.1 port...nothing visibly happens.When I exit Gnome (which takes Ctrl-Alt-F1 followed by Ctrl-C) I get error messages about a graphics package not being loaded...as far as I know OpenTTD 1.x has graphics built in (unlike OpenTTD 0.x). Any ... 6 Jun 2010 23:51
sendmail will not restart...
Hello, I have a 7.1 installation made in March... I made an update of the ports/ then I deinstalled spamass-milter and sa-spamd (March version) and reinstalled the 2 ports... Every thing whent fine... but when I tried to restart the two apps, I got several lines of incoherent stuff... and no restart... I had to ... 3 Jun 2010 13:24
freebsd support for aws ec2
Hi NG, this might be the wrong place to ask but I'll try it anyway? According to the forums on amazonwebservices.com freebsd is not yet supported as a valid operating system for amazons cloud computing services. Does anyone know if this is going to happen one day? Has anyone successfully migrated their freebsd ... 2 Jun 2010 15:22
packages with portupgrade update on release
Hello! I am using the 8.0-RELEASE-p2, for a few times I have updated some packages with portupgrade and now my system is in a state where some packages does not run correctly or even does not build from ports, because of the dependency issues (that actually seems to be met!). What is the solution for this? Do I ... 5 Jun 2010 16:54
NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 2 June 2010 NYCBUG: Nikolai Fetissov on the Use of GDB for Systems Administration
hardcoding provider names in metadata
When should one hardcode providers names in metadata when creating gjournal, gmirror and gstripe volumes, and when should one not? Or, what are the advantages and disadvantages? I had to swap out the SATA controller on a system and got tripped up because the old controller named the disks ad0, ad2, ad4, ad6 whil... 28 May 2010 13:45
UFS Stats
Hi all, Is there a command to display file system stats for UFS on FreeBSD (version 8 if it matters)? Basically I want out put which indicates what parameters were used when it was formatted. Cheers ~rjw ... 28 May 2010 21:26