First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
2007 Custom Ribbon
I am trying to create a custom QAT ribbon and I'm almost there..... I have created the XML code below in USysRibbon table and it seems to work fine. But there are two additional buttons I want to add (AZ sort ascending & ZA sort descending). These do not seem to work as the others. I can add these buttons manuall... 2 Dec 2009 14:22
Can't change the data type
dear All, I am trying to enlarge a text field from 100 to 200 characters. I get the error message 'Can't change the data type', 'not enough disk space or memory' The database is about 40Mb at the moment and has 57 fields, ( mostly text ). Using Access 2003 Any ideas? Can't see that I am short of memor... 2 Dec 2009 05:24
YTD Subquery is not including December why?
I created a query with a subquery to sum the hours worked by period (i.e., month) and then YTD hours next to the month hours. However, it's not entirely working for me and it's driving me crazy. The query gives me by Dept and period the ytd hours in the field labeled "YTDHours" One final glitch remains: ... 30 Nov 2009 14:42
New features of Access 2010
I have been looking for information summarizing/detailing what is new in Access 2010. I recently found this. Fairly high level but may be useful to someone. http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/access/default.aspx ... 25 Nov 2009 12:37
A2010 macro builder and a message box
Thanks to Albert I was able to look at a help file. It took some doing because the hsx viewer told me MS Help 2.x runtime wasn't available. So I had do dl something from Microsoft, in this case VB.Net, to get the required runtime files. I didn't explore them much so I may be asking a question that is conta... 30 Nov 2009 18:04
Help in A2010
I created an app from a template. It appears VBA isn't desired like a macro. In form Main of the Issues project the macro had something like If IsNull(CurrentWebUser(0)) then Stop Macro Endif I'd highlight CurrentWebUser and hit F1 and get nothing. Searching for CurrentWebUser got nothing. How does ... 25 Nov 2009 18:20
Access 2010 beta - Publish to Sharepoint
Ok I got the Access 2010 beta. found I must have the database in Access 2007 format in order to be able to see the share to Sharepoint option and thereby get to the validation routine to see if it is compatible with Sharepoint. It wasn't. Three types of errors: Fields with characters not allowed (: ? $ ..... 30 Nov 2009 18:04
Keeping A Citrix Session Alive?
I'm having a similar problem. Because of compliance rules developed outside my company, we have implemented a 15 minute time out on the citrix connections. In reality, the rule states that the user is required to retype their password in order to regain access to the application(s) they are running. That's reall... 17 Nov 2009 07:14
Access 2007 - Use Report or HTML file as body of Outlook email message
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:28:05 -0800 (PST), Dummy <cliff72(a)gmail.com> wrote: The simplest way to distribute a report is to use the built-in features. Check out DoCmd.SendObject in the help file. If you want to do this the hard but flexible way, there is Outlook Automation. Would require expert coding skills. ... 13 Nov 2009 01:10
Invoice numbers with text
I am trying to construct invoice numbers in the series D0000001/ D0000002 etc etc. I ma importing records to a temporary table and then poulating the invoice no field (among other things). The code I am using is: Set db = CurrentDb() Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblInvoiceHeadersTemp") strNextInvNum = DMax(... 11 Nov 2009 11:13