From: Tarjei T. Jensen on
Niels J?rgen Kruse wrote:
> You forgot the Tazer coaxial with the snoop cam. :-)

You would want a real gun. Otherwise you may be arrested for cruelty to
animals :-)

greetings,

From: Bill Todd on
Chris Thomasson wrote:
> "Bill Todd" <billtodd(a)metrocast.net> wrote in message
>> Chris Thomasson wrote:
>>> "Nick Maclaren" <nmm1(a)cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
>>> [...]
>
>> Hmmm - you appear to be about as delusional in that area
>
> IMHO, I do believe that Iran is causing a lot of trouble for the
> Collation...

I certainly hope so: I suspect that there are considerably more people
in the world (myself included) who think that the world would be better
off if the U.S. and Israeli governments were bound together and kicked
off the cliff into the abyss than relatively minor irritants like Iran
and Hezbollah.

>> as you are about the relative importance of lock-free algorithms.
>
> What is your take on the issue?

Given your frequent attempts to gain attention for such approaches plus
some of the silly areas you have suggested that they would be useful in,
I suspect that you are a young and likely well-meaning enthusiast who is
as naive politically as he is technically. My comment was kind of a
cheap shot in the current context, but well-meaning individuals whose
ignorant and unquestioning support enables their leaders to dish out as
much suffering and death as people like you have lately get pretty short
shrift in my book, I'm afraid.

Perhaps you have misunderstood me; a
> majority of my postings are directed to comp.programming.threads).

Since I don't visit that newsgroup, my impression is based on what I
have seen from you here.

- bill
From: David Hopwood on
Chris Thomasson wrote:
> IMHO, I do believe that Iran is causing a lot of trouble for the
> Collation...

Yep -- all those Arabic-script languages with slightly different sort orders...

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

--
David Hopwood <david.nospam.hopwood(a)blueyonder.co.uk>
From: Chris Thomasson on
"David Hopwood" <david.nospam.hopwood(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Chris Thomasson wrote:
>> IMHO, I do believe that Iran is causing a lot of trouble for the
>> Collation...
>
> Yep -- all those Arabic-script languages with slightly different sort
> orders...

lol

I meant "Coalition" of course; damn typos!

:)

> (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

FWIW, I sincerely apologize if any of my humble political opinions' gravely
offended any readers of this group (e.g., I think I may have pissed Mr. Bill
Todd off...).

;^(...

Thank you all for your patience, and for not banishing me to your killfile!

;)

From: Chris Thomasson on
> Chris Thomasson wrote:
>> "Bill Todd" <billtodd(a)metrocast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hmmm - you appear to be about as delusional in that area
>>
>> IMHO, I do believe that Iran is causing a lot of trouble for the
>> Collation...
>
> I certainly hope so: I suspect that there are considerably more people in
> the world (myself included) who think that the world would be better off
> if the U.S. and Israeli governments were bound together and kicked off the
> cliff into the abyss than relatively minor irritants like Iran and
> Hezbollah.

IMHO, Hezbollah is a ruthless organization that is made up of many highly
trained and dedicated "individuals"... For instance, they murdered a
boatload of U.S. Marines in cold blood... Yikes! I am not too sure I agree
with your assertion that Hezbollah is a relatively "minor irritant"... Oh
well. I think we are going to have to simply agree, to disagree...

Anyway, I promise to not post anything more on this subject!

:O

>>> as you are about the relative importance of lock-free algorithms.
>>
>> What is your take on the issue?
>
> Given your frequent attempts to gain attention for such approaches plus
> some of the silly areas you have suggested that they would be useful in,

I am interested to hear some of the "silly areas" that I have advocated
using lock-free techniques for; any quick links?

I will defiantly consider any advice/suggestions you, or others, may have...

Thank You.

> I suspect that you are a young and likely well-meaning enthusiast who is
> as naive politically as he is technically. My comment was kind of a cheap
> shot in the current context, but well-meaning individuals whose ignorant
> and unquestioning support enables their leaders to dish out as much
> suffering and death as people like you have lately get pretty short shrift
> in my book, I'm afraid.

Sorry.

> Perhaps you have misunderstood me; a
>> majority of my postings are directed to comp.programming.threads).
>
> Since I don't visit that newsgroup, my impression is based on what I have
> seen from you here.

IMO, c.p.t is a great group for researching lock-free and lock-based
algorithms and techniques. It actually might be worth your while to drop by
once in a while. I am looking forward to hearing from you over there...

:)