From: Alwin Nederpelt on
As i would like to say now.

VO support sucks. Really sucks.
Mark would say "Alwin, as tactfull as usual"

Where are new releases, maybe bug fixes. Etc. Etc. More windows 7
support etc.

Nothing, i pay for the support....... but i guess i am paying more for
the salery of Robert so he can build something i am not going to
use.... i think...

I think i start with C#....

Alwin
From: Rene J. Pajaron on
VO user base is shrinking but my VO apps sales is up...

that u have to make a conclusion for that..... why u need someone to
say a conclusion for you?

Everybody knows what you want to hear?

From: Alwin Nederpelt on
No problem. My sales are growing with an VO-APP.
www.elvy.nl , digitalization of documents.

So i am glad i use VO. But some more new releases.... for the
money.....
From: E®!k /!$$E® on
Rene,

> VO user base is shrinking but my VO apps sales is up...
Good for you!
But are you only interested in short-term sales or do you care about your
customers in a long term also. If so, is your app future proof, can you
still maintain your software on Windows 8, 9 or 10? Is DBF (if you are using
it) access still posible?
I do not know answers on these questions but I prefer a (more) reliable
supplier for my dev-envoirement.

> that u have to make a conclusion for that..... why u need someone to
> say a conclusion for you?
The figures show no more and no less of what we made up earlier. But there
was not much evidence for this. Now we have some proof.
Now you go to your manager and/or your customers and tell them, who says VO
is dead, look, there are xx ures around the world....<g>

I do not ask for anyone else his conclusions and I do not yours or anyone
else his to draw my own.
But I give you some facts you do not get from Grafx. And if you conclude on
these figures and the other facs, like the (absent of) support, the (empty)
promisses etc. VO is the way to go, if you think it is possible to support
and maintain a programming language with this knid of user base,
I can only suggest: Go For It!

regards,

Erik

From: Rene J. Pajaron on
Erik,

As VOPS member, I have commitment with VO applications and its client/
end-user, but our long-term direction lies with .NET. I have 3
programmers on C# here, and ready for Vulcan.NET for transformation of
our VO-apps to .NET late this year or next year. However, like what
Geoff and Ginny strategy, we leave where VO apps were at the same time
we will slowly port to Vulcan.NET module per module in our own time.

While web services will be 100% C# on ASP.NET platform.

Long-term development is more on web services, with less emphasis on
windows client applications (60-40 on the first phase, 70-30 on 2nd
phase).

For now, I am satisfied with Grafx.

Rene