From: Massimo Bighelli on
Carlos

> People are moving away because VO is now (partially) unsupported, and this
> is a fact.

Yes
this is the main reason because I am not (yet?) in Vulcan

Massimo

messaggio news:ftednbN67_DeCmDWnZ2dnUVZ8o-dnZ2d(a)novis.pt...

From: Geoff Schaller on
<g>

What you are saying is that three important events/people delayed your
inevitable departure from VO. Except 'departure' still happened.

My take is simple. I have VO apps that will stay VO and die with me and
their clients but all our new development is taking place in C#. Had
there been some practical way to continue supporting VO I would have
been there with bells and whistles and money.

I think Brian has blown this opportunity.
It could have been but now never will.

Geoff

From: Geoff Schaller on
You are absolutely 100% correct.

....and this is what we warned Brian about years ago.

From: Apolonio Luis M. on
I think it's time to migrate.

I believe that you should do what I did with clipper at the time.

I completely erased "clipper" of my hard drive on all my computers.

And of course I very quickly started using VO.

As my clients are asking that their projects work in a fast and
economical web platform today I'm choosing to migrate my new projects
to the linux web platform with PHP + JS + MYSQL + CMS (eg Joomla).

Projects for the Windows platform will continue to do with CAVO, since
at the date meet and exceed the requirements of my clients (quick,
economical, mass (1 million records per month), Internet, remote
support, etc)

From: E®!k /!$$E® on
The problem IMO is not that VO is not supported, but that Grafx says it is.
You are still able to join a support programm for VO that will cost a lot of
money but does not give a lot in return.

Erik

"Carlos Rocha" <carlos.deletethis.rocha(a)doossier.com> schreef in bericht