From: Willie Moore on
Erik,

From my point of view, I really like the way that Grafx is handling
things. VO as it is now does everything that I want. I know the
workarounds. I think that dotNet is the future and Vulcan has allowed me
to take my VO code forward into the future.

Regards,
Willie

signature database 5144 (20100525) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Marc Verkade [Marti] on
AQnd I do not take you serious anymore, Grumpy!

From: Marc Verkade [Marti] on
You sound like a child that does not like the way his father runs the
family.
Grow up plz!

From: Geoff Schaller on
Willie.

The problem is that your statement is not reality. You may be
comfortable with VO the way it is but most people were not. Change that.
Most people are not. Brian promised a lot of things for VO and never
delivered - starting with the last VO conference back in Nuremburg. You
were there.

And then after Herzbruk was the promise that the VOPS would be split
50:50 between VO and Vulcan and that Vulcan would be ready in about 12
months. Well, no to both.

Now Brian has stated quite clearly that VOPS = Vulcan and that VO is
basically cactus. I personally have adjusted to that and I make do with
extensions in C# relegated to my VO app through COM but it is specious
of you to suggest that VO is good enough. It isn't. And Robert added new
bugs with SP3 that should have been fixed for free. It is that stand and
attitude that is behind what I think Erik is feeling.

GrafX has not treated us well.

Geoff

From: Carlos Rocha on
Hi,

I usually keep myself away from this kind of threads, but this doesn't
mean I don't care. I do. I simply learned that they don't get you
anywhere, because everybody has some reason, depending on the point of view.
Because I love VO the move to Vulcan is a possibility, but I believe
Vulcan would have a greater future if VO didn't die in an unfinished
state, as it did. People are moving away because VO is now (partially)
unsupported, and this is a fact.

--
Carlos Rocha