From: Mark Ayliffe on
On or about 2010-05-26,
Ginny Caughey <ginny.caughey.online(a)wasteworks.com> illuminated us with:

> ... Those of us with commercial apps that still rely on VO probably would,
> but how many of those are still under active maintenance? ...

There is one VO app here with 50+ installed sites, over 1500 daily
users, 7 developers, 15 staff running a profitable, thriving software
company turning over well over GBP 1M p.a. for the last 10-15 years.
Of course we have several VOPS memberships. <g>

--
Mark Ayliffe MA CEng MBCS, Senior Consultant Jobstream Group PLC
http://www.jobstream.com +44 (0)1223 433900
From: Ginny Caughey on
Mark,

Right - so there is one. I have one. That makes two. How many do you think
would be required to fund continuing work on VO (and not just changes to
make it Vulcan compatible)?

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

From: Mark Ayliffe on
On or about 2010-05-27,
Ginny Caughey <ginny.caughey.online(a)wasteworks.com> illuminated us with:

> Mark,
>
> Right - so there is one. I have one. That makes two. How many do you think
> would be required to fund continuing work on VO (and not just changes to
> make it Vulcan compatible)?

Many I suspect, but from our point of view that isn't the point. We
are still using VO2.7 here and have no plans to move to 2.8. We think
it is crucial to us to be able to point to active and continued
development of our development environment and what Grafx are doing
with Vulcan meeds that need for us. Probably counter-intuitive to most
folk out there, but it works for us!

From: E®!k /!$$E® on
Mark,

> and what Grafx are doing with Vulcan meeds that need for us.

You will need VO 2.8 to transport your app towards Vulcan.

Erik

From: Ginny Caughey on
Mark,

I guess I don't understand. Are you using Vulcan? Or are you just content
that Vulcan is being developed so you can use it at some point if you choose
to do so?

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com