From: Marc Verkade [Marti] on
It is Marc with a C.. ;-)
You shoud start with C# indeed, but can use Vulcan for tyransporting your VO
apps in t

From: Marc Verkade [Marti] on
Hmm, pressed some button I guess...
Try 2:

You certainly should start doing C#.
Use Vulcan for your VO apps to tranfer them into the .Net world.
It works and you can mix your C # and Vulcan stuff.

After that, and have thorough knowledge about both, you decide which one you
choose for which task.

Greetings, Marc... With a C

From: Marc Verkade [Marti] on
Yes, I do care as you know....
Silly man!

From: E®!k /!$$E® on
Marc,

So if you do not understand something you choose not to take it serious?
Sounds a bit narrow-minded to me.
Or is it you do understand the facts and figures but just cannot cope with
it?
Or is it something else. Imagine Robert or Brian provided you a link to
these stats, would you have responded the same way?

It all sounds, and this is a 'quality' of a larger part of the VO community,
like the way religious fanatics behave. Everything the Leader says is great
and every opposition, every criticism should be excommunicated.

People who loved VO just for being a nice program language left ages ago, as
everything they liked is available in other languages in a better way and
all the gaps VO has, are filled in. VO is outdated.
Most of the people still using VO, do so because they have larger commercial
interests. Keeping Grafx alive is keeping themselves alive. I do not say it
is a 'wrong' reason, it's just not a reason based upon the superior support
of Grafx or the outstanding quality of the language, is it?
VO is dead. I am certain you know this. Grafx knows this too. The problem is
if someone asks for great support and fixes for bugs the answer is 'join
VOPS' . Brian grabs the money ( says "thank you") and lacks the support.
Did you have a look at the Grafx website lately? VOPS is still being
advertised , even with a VO Only program.

> With disregards, Marc!
lol

Erik

From: Marc Verkade [Marti] on