First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Upgrade to IE8 Reasons for/against
I'm running windows/xp sp3 and IE6 6.0.2900.5512. I'm considering upgrading to IE8, primarily due to security concerns. 1. Will my computer truly be more secure with ie8 than with ie6? I keep up to date on all MS updates. 2. Does ie8 run on windows/xp? 3. I'm already memory-constrained. Will that be even more... 21 Mar 2010 08:19
per-user initialisation
Whenever a user first logs in to a Windows system, or when the internet explorer has been updated to a new version since the previous login, a small program runs that performs some initialisation of the user settings for internet explorer. A small window is shown in the top left corner of the screen while this hap... 3 Feb 2010 15:10
auto log on
A lot of sites have the auto logon/remember me box to check if wanted. I click the box and IE doesn't remember the next time, is there a tweak to it somewhere? tks all bw I also use XP Home Edition Serv P 3 ... 3 Feb 2010 08:21
Google
Google has announced that it is phasing out support for IE6. This will cause a problem for those with older OSs. No word on older Firefox etc. -- I mastered Wordstar graphics! ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
can I use OE6 with IE8?
hi, my IE7 is getting buggier by the moment. I would upgrade to IE8, but can I still use Outlook Express with IE8 or I am stuck with that horrible "Windows Live Mail" if I upgrade to IE8? thanks for any compatibility pointers... Taka ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
ie7 won't connect to 'net
hi, ie7 has been acting strange lately. i use it for previewing web designs in Dreamweaver on the local computer, which is fine. But when I try to connect to an internet site, it seems to stall on "connecting" and never gets the site up. I tried deleting IE7 from Zone Alarms prog list once; that worked ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
problem
Tom J he said ::::: do not wish to remove it! "Tom J" <tomnews2(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message news:01197fce$0$6580$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com... veena almeida wrote: Each time start the computer outlook Express opens automatically. I do not wish to remove it but would like to prevent it opening a... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
Hot Text - please answer these questions
MEB wrote: I am OKIE........ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okie I am American Indian Let me help with this a bit: Yes MEB, show us that you know all about HT, especially *after* he explains that he's native indian - not before hand. ... 25 Jan 2010 21:52
"Open in A new Window" does not work for IE 6 32bit Version on a X
Above mentioned Problem exists on XP 64Bit SP2, when opening "in a new window" useing the 32bit version of IE6 nothing happens. The same access, "open in a new window," works useing IE6 64 bit. Why does the 32 bit version not work? thanks for any suggestions, ... 25 Jan 2010 11:41
Maxthon ver 1.6 as a substitute for IE6
This is about the suitability of Maxthon browser as a replacement for IE6. Hopefully the IE experts here are familiar enough with it to offer some advice. Since IE6 has been on the ropes, and since I'm happily ensconced in Win2K with no IE upgrade path, awhile back I installed the earlier version (1.6) of Maxtho... 21 Jan 2010 20:20