From: Gene on

eddie_1970(a)comcast.net wrote:

>I just
> really would like to see HP bring back the HP15c. For a new HP15c I
> would be will to pay $100 - 150.
>
> Regards,
> Eddie

Gene: And, as has been covered in this forum many, many times, it would
cost HP much more than that to re-engineer the HP15c. Despite the fact
that it might share many common parts with the 12cp, the machine would
have to be re-engineered. Components just don't exist any more.

Then there's the market question...how many people will pay $150 for a
calculator without alphanumerics and with only ~400 bytes of program
space?

Not enough for it to be worth HP's time, unfortunately.

Just isn't going to happen, IMO.

Move on...sadly, nothing to see here. :-(

From: brad.barton on
TW wrote:

> Rumors no. . . but we all had to sign NDAs and hopefully everyone will
> respect them.

Well of course I don't want anyone to get into trouble, nor do I wish
to cause HP harm by encouraging anyone to let any felines out of the
sack.

I find it interesting though that you had to sign an NDA, because if
there is nothing to disclose, what's with the agreement? Is this
standard practice at all HHC get togethers, or is this a new wrinkle?

Seriously, if anyone is thinking about ignoring an NDA, please don't.
No matter how fun it is to be the one to bear interesting news, the
damage you could do is NOT worth it.

It would be nice however to read something about the latest conference
that's not classified. Has anyone posted anything on it?

Brad

From: Chips on
Well, I just got out my 33s and stuck it in my pocket. No problem. Just a
t-shirt pocket. The 50 fits in as well, but is taller and a bit top heavy,
would probably fall out more easily.

I actually like the 33s. Some of the functions are really easy, like going
back and forth from fractions to decimal, HMS to decimal, things like that.
I think somebody put some time into how the keypresses would actually be
done. Trig is easy. If you used it a lot and got used to it, You might
really like it.

GC

From: greenchile505 on
TW wrote:
> > I can't imagine he
> > fixes bugs or adds functionality, then sends the updates to HP and we
> > get a new ROM. Sounds like fantasy.
>
> Yet it isn't. Stange world we live in, isn't it? Would you like him
> to stop doing it?

Our world is strange. I would not like him to stop. Live and let live.

> Rumors no. . . but we all had to sign NDAs and hopefully everyone will
> respect them.

I wish I had made it to HHC 2006! Instead of being on the outside
looking in, I would be on the inside looking cool with a free 25th
Anniversary hp 12c in my shirt pocket (that most of us wish were a 15c).

From: Berk Birand on
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 04:50:45 +0000, Chips wrote:

> I actually like the 33s. Some of the functions are really easy, like going
> back and forth from fractions to decimal, HMS to decimal, things like that.
> I think somebody put some time into how the keypresses would actually be
> done. Trig is easy. If you used it a lot and got used to it, You might
> really like it.

I was looking at some of the other scientific, non-graphic calculators of
HP, and the following comparison chart caught my attention:

http://www.hp.com/calculators/scientific/index.html

How come only one of those calculators actually support RPN? And why does
the 30S have more built-in functions than the 33s, although being $35
cheaper?

Berk

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: Another 50G (disappointment) story
Next: SYSEVAL Question