From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
brad.barton(a)ccrtcblue.com wrote:
> TW wrote:
>
>> Rumors no. . . but we all had to sign NDAs and hopefully everyone
>> will respect them.
>
> Well of course I don't want anyone to get into trouble, nor do I wish
> to cause HP harm by encouraging anyone to let any felines out of the
> sack.
BUT
we who did not know anything about the new calcs
can fully speculate about ClassPad/T'inspire/Xplorer/Qonos/HP-View
or about HP-51G & HP 43 + HP 43X and HP 19BII+
--
Veli-Pekka

From: Gene on

Wayne Brown wrote:
> Gene <gene.wright(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> And I don't object to an NDA request from anyone but HP. After the
> way HP has behaved toward its customers in the last decade or so, they
> should be on their hands and knees, groveling on the floor, kissing the
> feet of their users and begging for even the tiniest scrap of forgiveness
> and trust. Requiring an NDA before they'll talk to us doesn't fit very
> well with such an attitude. When I see HP's top management publicly
> admitting they've screwed their customers for years -- no matter how
> much their lawyers advise against such an admission -- and begging us
> to give them another chance even though they admit they don't deserve
> it -- *then* I'd *consider* giving them the same sort of concessions
> other companies get in matters like NDAs.

Gene: You know, if wishes were fishes...but then, I live in the real
world and know the difference.

> Essentially, I object to the perception that HP is doing the users a
> favor by deigning to attend a user group meeting. As I see it, users are
> doing HP a huge favor by *allowing* them to attend such meetings at all.
> Wayne Brown <fwbrown(a)bellsouth.net> (HPCC #1104)

Gene: Not sure it's a favor or what. I do know that each time there is
an HHC conference, those who attend (46 this year who spent their $$ to
come to the conference), enjoy the HP presentations and geniunely seem
glad to hear what's going on.

This year, given that the "new guy" at HP calculators is an old PPC
member who bought an HP67 with his own funds (wow!), optimism is in the
air.

Of course, Wayne, TI still makes calculators. You could always give
them a try.

From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:32:23 -0500, Wayne Brown wrote:

> I'd be reluctant to attend a meeting to which HP is even invited,...

And lose the opportunity to meet face to face with the key people
who not only made the products of the past and maintain them at present,
but who will also determine the product(s) of the future?

"I wouldn't join any club which would have me as a member" :)
[Groucho Marx]
From: greenchile505 on
> This year, given that the "new guy" at HP calculators is an old PPC
> member who bought an HP67 with his own funds (wow!), optimism is in the
> air.

Gene, are you talking about an auction or something? How much did the
hp 67 go for?

Is there no post-HHC 2006 informatioin on the internet yet? Blog?
Images? Or perhaps there is fear of a DoS attack on any HHC 2006 site
that appears on the net by Wayne.. :)

From: John C on
[SNIP]

> Gene, are you talking about an auction or something? How much did the
> hp 67 go for?

The "new guy" at HP is an old time HP user and 'back in the day" bought an
HP67 with his own money. The point is that HP has put someone into the
calculator group that was part of the "old HP."

> Is there no post-HHC 2006 informatioin on the internet yet? Blog?
> Images? Or perhaps there is fear of a DoS attack on any HHC 2006 site
> that appears on the net by Wayne.. :)

It takes Jake quite a bit of time to edit the 20 or so hours of video tape.
It will be announced here and on the HP Museum site when it is ready.

In the meantime, the conference was discussed in quite a bit of detail on
the HP Museum website. That thread is still there, you might find it some
interesting reading.

John

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: Another 50G (disappointment) story
Next: SYSEVAL Question