From: John H Meyers on
Well, Brother Peter (who is always requesting more than he gets),
I hope you're as demanding every day of God as you are of HP
(and of all other contributors to its repertoire of software),
because there seems to be a vast number of things
which could use improvement on Earth,
especially the inner peace of its billions of distressed souls,
and if all that could be first attended to,
a few more trivia in a couple of calculators
would be child's play, even for a child :)

With sincere best wishes from http://www.mum.edu
and http://www.maharishischooliowa.org
From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
John H Meyers wrote:
> Well, Brother Peter (who is always requesting more than he gets),
> I hope you're as demanding every day of God as you are of HP

Believe me in that one
BUT
HP used to produce the best of the best
AND
The Hold&Shift was done exactly as I asked
I can easily remember Avenard 1st saying it can't be done
and then just doing it !! :-D

My support is mainly in Finalnd,
but I try to answer questions here
and have some contributions in areas
where no one else seem to have interest

The things I asked are probably not coming
but they would benefit a lot of people
Everybody knows that CAS flags changes & variable purging is a...feature
that we just have to bare for a while...or forever :-(

Having the Angle key on the keyboard
does not even require any programming
and I wonder why HP 50G did not inlude it beside key 6 like this
[ 6 ]<) [ - ]

Some other requests are also not so unreasonable
and a few of them has been addressed by 3rd parties

Thanks 4 everyone involved !

From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 19:53:29 -0500, VPN eloquently wrote:

> I can easily remember Avenard 1st saying it can't be done
> and then just doing it !! :-D

Even the Almighty took six whole days on a big project,
probably saying "this just can't be done" to begin with :)

> My support is mainly in Finland,
> but I try to answer questions here
> and have some contributions in areas
> where no one else seem to have interest

I always work on things in which no one else takes interest;
that's why I'm always at the top of the list
when staff reduction is being considered :)

> Everybody knows that CAS flags changes
> & variable purging is a...feature
> that we just have to bear for a while...or forever :-(

At least there are simple work-arounds for the flags, such as:

\<< DROP POP PUSH { -62 -63 -120 } SF \>> '\GbENTER' STO

After you have PUSHed your desired settings once
and executed this program once, this will silence the CAS
and restore flags after every keyboard-initiated operation.

You may replace POP PUSH by 'MyFlags' RCL STOF if you prefer.

> Having the Angle key on the keyboard
> does not even require any programming
> and I wonder why HP 50G did not inlude it
> beside key 6 like this [ 6 ]<) [ - ]

You mean just to remind people that alpha right-shift 6
generates the "angle" symbol? (it would be inconsistent
to have alpha 6 generate it, because we expect
all digit keys to continue functioning as digits,
even in alpha mode; it might also be inviting clutter
to start printing shifted alpha symbols on the keyboard).

I personally exchange the "angle" symbol with the "infinity" symbol,
of course accordingly marking this on my "mental keyboard overlay" :)

> Some other requests are also not so unreasonable
> and a few of them have been addressed by 3rd parties

The third party is generally the wildest :)

[r->] [OFF]
From: Paul Schlyter on
In article <op.tg2nfyl4nn735j(a)w2kjhm.ia.mum.edu>,
John H Meyers <jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> Even the Almighty took six whole days on a big project,
> probably saying "this just can't be done" to begin with :)

....particularly when there weren't even any days - or any light for
that matter - when he started. But in legends, anything is possible.

e-mail: pausch at stockholm dot bostream dot se
WWW: http://stjarnhimlen.se/
From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 04:42:38 -0500:

> But in legends, anything is possible.

And JYA is legendary :)

[r->] [OFF]
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: Another 50G (disappointment) story
Next: SYSEVAL Question