From: JB on

brad.barton(a)ccrtcblue.com wrote:
given the changes
> at HP, and the quick response to the HP49G+ problems almost as soon as
> C. Fiona was shown the door. I'm hoping for good things.

Good points and so am I.

From: Volker Neurath on
JB wrote:

> Actually every new engineering student buys a high-end calculator, so
> what is the evidence that the demand for high-end calculators is
> nothing like it was 25 years ago?

I think that today it is possible to replace a high-end CAS-grahics-calc
by a PDA with software.
So, what arguments are there for using a high-end-calc instead of a PDA?

Volker

From: Peter A. Gebhardt on
Volker,

maybe:
- Quicker Input
- Longer Battery Life
- More features (of calculator software)
- Programmability (if one likes USER RPL ...)

Best regards
Peter A. Gebhardt

From: JB on

Volker Neurath posted:
> I think that today it is possible to replace a high-end CAS-grahics-calc
> by a PDA with software.
> So, what arguments are there for using a high-end-calc instead of a PDA?
>
> Volker
> --

When was the last time that you solved a differential equation with
your PDA?

From: Steen Schmidt on
Volker Neurath wrote:

> I think that today it is possible to replace a high-end
> CAS-grahics-calc by a PDA with software.
> So, what arguments are there for using a high-end-calc instead of a
> PDA?

Price and flexibility mainly. It's very easy to do calculations with
one hand on a calc for instance, not so easy on a PDA.

Regards
Steen
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: Another 50G (disappointment) story
Next: SYSEVAL Question