From: Eeyore on

Denny Strauser wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > liquidator wrote:
> >> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote

> >> And you are 100% spot on WRONG.
> >>
> >> You're living in a fishbowl Graham...llok I have a lot of respect for you,
> >> but your judgement here is ridiculous.
> >>
> >> The US is not gonna adopt UK electrical standards.
> >
> > They are INTERNATIONAL Standards now.
> >
> > And, in tine, you WILL adopt them unless you want be some illiterate backwater.
>
> Forgive for being a few weeks late for responding, but I've been busy
> for the last month. The Metric system is an International standard, and
> there was a movement here in the US a few decades ago to make it our
> standard. But, (being an illiterate backwater citizen myself, trying to
> be humorous, but in serious reflection), the movement fell short.

IIRC Carter was wisely keen to adopt metric so that the USA could compete on a level
playing field.

> We do now have metric measurements on soft drinks & foodstuff, but we
> still measure in inches & pounds. Geesh, the UK still measures Guinness
> in pints.

One of the very few 'traditional measures' still in force. Of course our pint's
bigger than yours !

> Hell will freeze over before our infrastructure converts to 220-240V AC.
> The cost would put the rest of the world into more of a depression than
> the USA has been capable of with the recent stock market slide.

You already have 240V AC on your 'pole pigs' ! What's more it's centre tapped and
BALANCED ! How much better could you want ?

> Then again, what do I know? It took us 8 years of George "W" & 100 years
> of emancipation to finally elect a black (bi-racial) President.

I applaud that. We had the first female Prime Minister. Bunch of good she was though
!

> Backwater? You bet, but .... what can you do?

We're not looking at losing our auto industry. We already did that, sold it it to off
and continued.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Phildo wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> > liquidator wrote:
> >
> >> We still ain't gonna change to your standaard.
> >> Period.
> >
> > You've already started or else you'll not be able to sell goods worlwide.
>
> The US will never change their supply voltage.

They don't need to. They already have it. It's even BALANCED !

Graham

From: Phildo on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Phildo wrote:

>> > You've already started or else you'll not be able to sell goods
>> > worlwide.
>>
>> The US will never change their supply voltage.
>
> They don't need to. They already have it. It's even BALANCED !

And it's not available everywhere.

The US will always run on 110v 60Hz same as we will always drive on the
left. Deal with it and stop making such a fool of yourself.

Phildo

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote
> > "Denny Strauser" <dsdennysound(a)gmail.com> wrote
> >>
> >> I mean no disrespect, but weren't you the one who began this thread
> >> hating the LS9?
> >
> > I had a bad experience with it. I've used on again since and have a bit
> > more respect for it now although I still think it has been shrunk down to
> > too small a footprint and needs more knobs.
> >
> > It still pisses over any analogue desk for the price.
>
> I also don't think Phildo faulted the sound of it but rather the non
> intutive interface for what he wanted to do with it

The interface is EVERYTHING ! It's not difficult to make electronuics do stuff.
It's *accessing* it easily that counts.

Grham

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
> > "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> >
> >> As it happens I had a tentative invitation to work for A&H earlier this
> >> year on the basis of a personal one-to-one conversation with one of their
> directors.
> >> We must get round to meeting up for a meal some time again, I just missed
> him last
> >> time he was passing by. I wasn't really up for moving to Cornwall though.
> >
> > You wouldn't last 5 minutes there with an attitude like yours. Do you
> > really think any pro audio company would offer you a job all the time you
> > humiliate yourself on here?

So why would they ask ? Maybe they know something you don't ? Not difficult
since you've never met me.

Graham