From: Eeyore on

Eeyore wrote:

> Rupert wrote:
> > Eeyore <rabbitsfriendsandrelati...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > Carey sounds exactly like me in fact.
> >
> > Interesting. Carey is an extremely friendly individual
>
> So am I. Come and meet me any time at The Horn. I attract people btw.
>
> > who even in the face of criticism will maintain a cool headed customer service
> > oriented attitude
>
> My cool-headedness is legendary in the real world. Until you step over that line of
> pure pig-headed pomposity and stupidity. THEN I'm a volcano.
>
> > and does not get ruffled either in person or on the internet.
>
> He doesn't have george or Philtho to deal with.
>
> As it happens I had a tentative invitation to work for A&H earlier this year on the
> basis of a personal one-to-one conversation with one of their directors. We must get
> round to meeting up for a meal some time again, I just missed him last time he was
> passing by. I wasn't really up for moving to Cornwall though.

Apologies in advance. Martin's just the UK Sales Manager, not a Director.

Graham

From: Denny Strauser on
Eeyore wrote:

> liquidator wrote:
>
>> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
>>
>>> You will soon.
>>>
>>> The USA is the ONLY country seriously out of line.
>> And you are 100% spot on WRONG.
>>
>> You're living in a fishbowl Graham...llok I have a lot of respect for you,
>> but your judgement here is ridiculous.
>>
>> The US is not gonna adopt UK electrical standards.
>
> They are INTERNATIONAL Standards now.
>
> And, in tine, you WILL adopt them unless you want be some illiterate backwater.
>
> Graham

Forgive for being a few weeks late for responding, but I've been busy
for the last month. The Metric system is an International standard, and
there was a movement here in the US a few decades ago to make it our
standard. But, (being an illiterate backwater citizen myself, trying to
be humorous, but in serious reflection), the movement fell short.

We do now have metric measurements on soft drinks & foodstuff, but we
still measure in inches & pounds. Geesh, the UK still measures Guinness
in pints.

Hell will freeze over before our infrastructure converts to 220-240V AC.
The cost would put the rest of the world into more of a depression than
the USA has been capable of with the recent stock market slide.

Then again, what do I know? It took us 8 years of George "W" & 100 years
of emancipation to finally elect a black (bi-racial) President.

Backwater? You bet, but .... what can you do?
-Denny
From: Denny Strauser on
liquidator wrote:
> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Arny Krueger wrote:
>>
>>> Typically, 240 is used only for large appliances like ovens,
>>> electric clothes dryers, and ovens.
>> So you already have it.
>>
>> End of story. And no more problems with dodgy neutrals.
>>
> `
>
> End of your story actually Graham.
>
> Why are you being so silly about this?
>
> 240 in the US is generally for stationary appliances, which a mixer is NOT.
>
> Your whole argument is completely silly..yet you've latched onto it like a
> bulldog.
>
> People in the US are not gonna buy 240 volt mixer...the US ain't gonna
> switch to UK standards...you have been wrong on EVERY point...yet you keep
> going.
>
> I don't understand why confusing possible and practical is so important to
> you...but you do it on a regular basis.
>
> Just because something can be done does not make it the best option...
>
> Yet you say since 240 is available you win the argument...it's almost an
> insane viewpoint, it's incredibly far from any practical reality.
>
> Your way isn't the only way, and much of the world does not feel like you.
> Give it up, it's over, you are completely wrong on all points here.

You might be right to a point. A number of large sound companies use
240V for power amps. But this only works when you have 240 available.
This is true of video & lighting, as well. But, you are right about
about the US upgrading the entire infrastructure.

Graham also stated that Germany & the UK are the only countries that
adhere to international standards. How international can they be if only
two countries adhere to them.

And what about international monetary standards? The Dollar? The Euro?
The Pound? Does not the UK still measure Guinness by the pint?

-Denny
From: Denny Strauser on
liquidator wrote:
> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> liquidator wrote:
>>
>>> The discussion was about a 240 mixer being a bad idea for the US market.
> It
>>> is, and Graham keeps on about we should change our electrical system to
> suit
>>> him.
>> It would be sensible for the USA !
>>

> I just thimk an intelligent but way overly intellectual B5rit is not the
> best person to decide what is best for the USA.
>
> Why don't you try to keep a British car manufacturer alive?
>
> What have we, Rolls is BMW, Ford sold Jaguar to the India folks, maybe they
> will have Studiomaster car stereos..
>
> Don't get me wrong, I love my old MG. Doesn't run at the moment and spares
> cost dearly, but I love it.
>
> Kinda reminds me of women I knew with a lot of issues, at least they
> weren't boring.
>
> But I do remember lots of discussions that came to either the Italians or
> British making the worlds worst electrics...
>
> My old Ducati was a bad as Lucas electrics were...

Didn't I recently see the BIG 3 US automakers in front of congress
asking for a bail-out?
-Denny
From: Denny Strauser on
Eeyore wrote:

> liquidator wrote:
>
>> Graham is an amateur, and loses sight of that.
>
> What an absurd statement. I have been involved in pro audio, lighting, film and
> video my entire working life.
>

>> Graham loses sight of all this and tries to advocate "one size fits all".
>
> It's called the world market and the USA is losing it.

....To the Chinese. Beware, they're still a developing country. As is
India. They'll own us all before long.

-Denny