From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 29/11/08 12:54, in article 49313B8A.6A283D60(a)hotmail.com, "Eeyore"
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Joe Kotroczo wrote:
>
>> "Bob Howes" <bob.howes(a)bee-tee-internet.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally, I've only mixed on a Cadac a couple of times but can tell you
>>> they're brilliant. They make even Midas seem agricultural. However,
>>> whether the market will pay for brilliance, I'm far less sure these days
>>
>> The part of the market that still can afford brilliance is probably looking
>> very hard at consoles such as the Stagetec Aurus.
>
> That's a PRODUCTION console.
> http://www.aspen-media.com/showproduct.asp?id=7
>
> Makes as much sense as using a Neve or SSL for live.

Wow, you found the words "production console" in the first sentence. Did it
occur to you that live production" could have been meant.

If you look just a few paragraphs lower, it mentions that the thing is
designed for "Theatres, Outside Broadcast vehicles, Concert Halls and Opera
Houses". So how is that different from a Cadac console?

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 29/11/08 13:00, in article 49313CF3.AFF45B46(a)hotmail.com, "Eeyore"
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Joe Kotroczo wrote:

>>> But they have the S-digital now. Plenty of advance orders.
>>> http://www.cadac-sound.com/frameset.asp?P=products/S-Digital.html
>>
>> They have advance orders, but do they have a working prototype yet?
>
> Are you saying they don't ? I can probably find out Monday or Tuesday.

I'm saying they haven't shown one yet, as far as I know. Certainly not at
PLASA. And their website is down just now...

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "George's Pro Sound Company" <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > mostvenues have way more power thanI need
> > the electrician must refuse the box so that there is not more power
> > available than the rated ampacity of the feeder I am suppling
> > and normally there are no connecters, everything is a hard tie in beytween
> > me and the venue
>
> Sounds like a potential source of trouble to me. For starters, you have to
> wait until an electrician shows up. I prefer connectors. Plug and play, if
> you will.

Careful Joe, George might mistake you for me. ;~)

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> >> They have advance orders, but do they have a working prototype yet?
> >
> > Are you saying they don't ? I can probably find out Monday or Tuesday.
>
> I'm saying they haven't shown one yet, as far as I know. Certainly not at
> PLASA. And their website is down just now...

I'm sure it'll be back.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> >> The part of the market that still can afford brilliance is probably looking
> >> very hard at consoles such as the Stagetec Aurus.
> >
> > That's a PRODUCTION console.
> > http://www.aspen-media.com/showproduct.asp?id=7
> >
> > Makes as much sense as using a Neve or SSL for live.
>
> Wow, you found the words "production console" in the first sentence. Did it
> occur to you that live production" could have been meant.

Not at that size with the view that badly limited by the metering.

> If you look just a few paragraphs lower, it mentions that the thing is
> designed for "Theatres, Outside Broadcast vehicles, Concert Halls and Opera
> Houses". So how is that different from a Cadac console?

Cadac make slimmer consolers.

Besides, I associate 'production' with post these days.

Graham