From: Denny Strauser on
George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
> Denny when you want legal advice you go to a lawyer, when you want medical
> advice you go to a doctor
> when you want pro live sound advice your best bet is a pro live sound
> professional

With all due respect to lawyers & doctors, I'm sure that I'd consult
family & friends, as well.

> this is why we specialize and advace in niche feilds such as live sound Vs
> equipment design
> and I did acknowledge that all those poster have valuable informeation to
> offer
> it is just not pro live sound information and I would search that
> information out in the proper forums

Forgive me ... proper forums? ... I'm not sure what you mean.
Do you mean that this IS ... or .... is-NOT .. a proper forum?

> it's how we attempt to keep the focus here on pro live sound and not
> lighting or photography, or auto mechanics, circut design , religionor
> politics
>
> george

The focus? I just spent three hours of reading the "LS9/16 - not the
desk for me" thread (began weeks ago) .... Maybe 10% of the posts (being
generous) mentioned LS9. I'm not blaming you for this. Just making a point.

-Denny
From: Ron Johnson on
Denny Strauser wrote:
Does not the UK still measure Guinness by the pint?

Of course! proper beer has to be drunk in imperial measures or it just
doesnt taste right ;)

Ron
From: Phildo on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
>
>> I wonder if eyesore is aware that Cadac has a Digital desk with DIGITAL
>> EQ?
>
> 100%.
>
> And I'll bet the algorithms are good too. Something George probably can't
> understand is that the DSP code affects the sound. Not all DSP code is
> born
> equal so it's NOT just 'digital EQ'. Nor are wordlengths equal either.
> More bits
> give better resolution and definition.

So your blanket statement on how analogue EQ is better than digital EQ was
just more lunatic ravings from someone who's job skills are now obsolete.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

> George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
>
>> . Eyesore is a prime example. He should look at a real
>> > designer who actually understands the job like Carey from A&H who
>> > listens
>> > to user feedback, takes comments on board, makes himself available to
>> > customers, actually uses the gear in the field and is always looking
>> > for
>> > ways to improve things for the end-user.
>>

>> I agree A&H has come long way from the dreadful GL2/3 series and last I
>> knew
>> A&H was still a viable business , unlike studiomaster or cadac
>> george
>
> Carey sounds exactly like me in fact.

You just keep telling yourself that while every person on here laughs at
you.

Carey is a nice guy for a start and keeps his ego firmly in check. Pity we
can't say the same about you.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

> George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
>
>> Carey even asked my input when I told of my less than stellar experiance
>> with the early gl series desk(gl2,gl3,gl3000,and gl4000)
>
> Of course. You can learn from even slight errors or oversights. Life is a
> learning process.

Which you sadly seem incapable of.

You humiliated yourself the first time you threatened libel lawsuits on here
yet made exactly the same mistake again recently.

Phildo