From: Eeyore on

Tim S Kemp wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > That does somewhat limit your choice of dryer location. What about washing
> > machines too ? Or are they < 1.8kW ?
>
> not really wishing to add to the flamewar, but my toaster and kettle are
> both over 2.5kw, I'm the impatient kind of person that likes quick boiling
> and toasting. Couldn't be doing with that US mains...

Just checked. Only 2.2 kW here. I'm jealous now.

Graham

From: Tim S Kemp on

> Tim S Kemp wrote:
>
>> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > That does somewhat limit your choice of dryer location. What about
>> > washing
>> > machines too ? Or are they < 1.8kW ?
>>
>> not really wishing to add to the flamewar, but my toaster and kettle are
>> both over 2.5kw, I'm the impatient kind of person that likes quick
>> boiling
>> and toasting. Couldn't be doing with that US mains...
>
> Just checked. Only 2.2 kW here. I'm jealous now.
>
> Graham

You need the Breville Lightning Kettle, just checked the rating plate -
3.1kW

--
And remember kids, RAID is safe and the UPS never fails, and Cisco routers
never develop intermittent faults.

From: Eeyore on

Tim S Kemp wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> > Tim S Kemp wrote:
> >> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote

> >> not really wishing to add to the flamewar, but my toaster and kettle are
> >> both over 2.5kw, I'm the impatient kind of person that likes quick
> >> boiling and toasting. Couldn't be doing with that US mains...
> >
> > Just checked. Only 2.2 kW here. I'm jealous now.
>
> You need the Breville Lightning Kettle, just checked the rating plate -
> 3.1kW

If they ever get round to dropping our 240V to 230V it'll drop to about 2.95kW
!

Mind you, on my 250V it'll be 3.35kW.

Graham

From: Denny Strauser on
Phildo wrote:
> <snipped>

I can relate with much of what Phildo has to say. I know what it's like
to walk into a venue & work on a console I've never seen before. With
digital consoles, & the kind of theatre shows I'm accustomed to working,
it is not uncommon for the system engineer to walk out of the show
knowing twice as much about the console than he did walking in. Not
because I knew more about the console than he did, but because I
requested more with the console than he knew how to accomplish - & we
figured it out together.

When I know that I'm going to work on a digital (or analog) console that
I don't know, I download the manual & off-line editing software. The
Yamaha (and other) consoles are intuitive, but not all with the same
focus. Their intuitiveness varies according to what the system was
designed for, or how long ago they were considered state-of-the-art.

I like the LS9. mostly because I've spent more time on the LS9 than any
other Yamaha digital. The tour I'm now on is using a Yamaha DM1000 on
the US leg, but a DM2000 in Japan. A complaint I have about Yamaha
digitals is that some have ethernet interfaces & others have USB. Some
are Mac & Windows compatible, but others are only Windows.

Unlike most plug-and-play devices, Yahama can be difficult to connect to
a computer. I spent hours trying to setup a computer connection between
my laptop & the DM1000, without success.

One thing I'd like to bring to the attention of AAPLS members is that
this "LS9/Not-For-Me" thread has digressed Off-Topic so much that I
haven't had time to read the pertinent posts. Eventually' I'll read them
all. but I've been reading so many user manuals (Dolby Lake; SAW
StudioLite; Medialon; DM1000; DM2000; etc) to get up to speed for this
tour, that I haven't had time to filter out all the OT BS to respond to
the On-Topic discussion.

So, PLEASE, when drifting OT, change the subject header to "OT: WAS
LS9/Not-For-ME" or "Denny is an A-hole: WAS LS9" type of header. Then
people, like myself who don't have time to read the whole thread can
respond to the original query without wasting time reading through the
schlock. PLEASE!

-Denny
From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 29/11/08 12:39, in article
paudnX2NtNxxqqzUnZ2dnUVZ_rXinZ2d(a)earthlink.com, "George's Pro Sound Company"
<bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> If
>> you're only told the amps, you don't know which connectors are there and
>> which distro and cables to bring.
>>
>> BTW: the rating of the connector is not always equal to the available
>> power.
>> Very rarely you get surprised by some dumbass having put 20A fuses behind
>> 32A connector or some such idiocy.
>>
> mostvenues have way more power thanI need
> the electrician must refuse the box so that there is not more power
> available than the rated ampacity of the feeder I am suppling
> and normally there are no connecters, everything is a hard tie in beytween
> me and the venue
> George

Sounds like a potential source of trouble to me. For starters, you have to
wait until an electrician shows up. I prefer connectors. Plug and play, if
you will.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com