From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > and by that logic the guy who designs the hammer is a carpenter building
> > houses
>
> There is no correlation between your 2 comparisons, unless the hammer
> designer frequented carpentry groups to get ideas for better hammers.

Nope- he is a still hammer designer. His use of a hammer is secondary to
his real job.

He would be a hammer designer who dabbles in carpentry. He doesn't plan on
moving into being a carpenter, he is only doing the carpentry as an aside to
his regular job.

Understand yet?

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> liquidator wrote:
>>
>> > "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote

>> > Ok- so you discussing the prices of transistors in Mumbai
>>
>> Rather more than that actually.
>>

>> > counts as live audio experience.
>>
>> I didn't say it did. You asked if I'd worked in far flung places.
>>
>> Graham
>>
> First- unless stated otherwise this is a live audio group.
>
> I stated yoyu worked in a bubble. You do.
>
> You countered with Mumbai and tried to bring in somethiong completely
> different, just like Monty Python.
>
> Your live audio slills are concentrated in a bubble.
>
> How many gigs you done in LA? Or wherever...
>
> You have blinders on. There is existence outside your universe. You just
> don't understand the mindset of others in the group- you keep wanting to
> say, I'm competent at live audio, therefore I understand everything about
> it.
>
> You don't.
>
> Doesn't mean you aren't competent. Just means there is a lot you don't
> understand, so you just want to take the approach of not acknowledging its
> existence.
>
> Lots of people get rave reviews doing things completely different from the
> way you do them. Listen and take what you can use instead of constantly
> insisting you know the only way to do it.

And just for the recod Own a large regional sound company is hips deep in
live sound where mixing a few bands on a installed system in a club is 1/2
of the little toe deep, as far as live sound goes

Idon't come here claiming to be a equipment designer though I have custom
built lots of automation devices based on logic and relays, solenoids
I also built a 1 watt freq agile fm transmitter
But design is not what I do, so I don't bring it here, to the LIVE SOUND
group
George

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
>>
>> > Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices.
>>
>> So why did TRW buy their automotive division ?

Why did Ford buy Jaguar?

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> First- unless stated otherwise this is a live audio group.

Not just a live sound mixers group.

> I stated you worked in a bubble. You do.

Couldn't be more untrue. A lot of design engineers do but not me.

I also install live sound equipment btw and maintain it.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
> >
> > > Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices.
> >
> > So why did TRW buy their automotive division ?
>
> Why did it go banktupt so it could be bought?

There is no indication it did.

"In August 1996, Lucas Industries plc merged with the North American
Varity Corporation to form LucasVarity plc. Subsequent history is covered
on the LucasVarity page."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Automotive#LucasVarity

Graham