From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> liquidator wrote:
>
> > "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> >
> > > The official voltage is 120 btw.
> >
> > Choose to believe your government and you are a fool.
> >
> > In the old days it was 110, 115, 117, or 120.
>
> OLD DAYS.
>
> Graham

Goddam whippersnapper..no respect...

I had to fix all that dang stuff...

Lots of electricians still say one-ten BTW. Very common.

From: liquidator on

> liquidator wrote:
>
> > "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> >
> > > Irrelevant. Besides I never had any trouble with Lucas electricals.
> > >
> > I suppose there has to be one person who can say that.
> >
> > Lucas is a joke even among Brits over here.
>
> I had a couple of Fords and a Rover with Lucas electricals. Aside from an
> alternator that packed up on one Ford due to under-specification I had
> zero problems.
>
> Graham

Wonder if export stuff was different from what you got.

Connections were a big problem here.

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> > liquidator wrote:
> > > "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote

> > > Choose to believe your government and you are a fool.
> > >
> > > In the old days it was 110, 115, 117, or 120.
> >
> > OLD DAYS.
>
> Goddam whippersnapper..no respect...
>
> I had to fix all that dang stuff...
>
> Lots of electricians still say one-ten BTW. Very common.

I'm not unaware of that. It was the 9% losses in your cabling. What's
your own voltage right now btw ?

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> > liquidator wrote:
> > > "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote

> > > I suppose there has to be one person who can say that.
> > >
> > > Lucas is a joke even among Brits over here.
> >
> > I had a couple of Fords and a Rover with Lucas electricals. Aside from an
> > alternator that packed up on one Ford due to under-specification I had
> > zero problems.
>
> Wonder if export stuff was different from what you got.
>
> Connections were a big problem here.

Different climate perhaps ?

All my cars since 1986 have tended to have mainly Bosch electricals though.

Graham

From: liquidator on

> liquidator wrote:
>

> > You do live sound because you enjoy it, noy because it's your job.
>
> It's both. My main income is indeed design, consultancy and installation
but
> live sound has helped pay the bills too.
>
> And what's wrong with enjoying it ? Although with some bands ....... !

Enjoying your job isn't the issue...the point is amateurs have lots more
choices.

> > Amateur is not necessarliy incompetent. But your mindset is totally
> > different from someone who is out there 24/7. Deny all you want, it's
> > obvious to everyone but you.
>
> I am no amateur. Why do I get plaudits when the house engineer doesn't ?

Lots of amateus get plaudits. Much artistic work is done by amateurs, school
pictures are taken by pro photographers.

> > I made no references regarding competence. It's mindset. Sorry it pissed
you
> > off, it was intended to kake you understand some things you just plain
don't
> > see.
> >
> > You can be quite the worthy conversation parner...the flip side is
sometimes
> > you get so wrapped up in yourself you forget there are others in the
room.

> The point is, I never wanted to be a full-time sound engineer but I'm
still good
> at it. I taught myself the techniques when the industry we have today was
brand
> new and growing like a seedling. From that continuing knowledge I can
innovate
> better products and design better circuits for the likes of yourself to
use. You
> might be surprised how few audio designers have ever mixed a band and they
can't
> produce the same results. Why for example do I use 'loss' in my channels
and mix
> buses ? To improve headroom of course and avoid the original 'Mackie type'
> problem.
>
> Incidentally, Graham Blyth of Soundcraft has a similar approach, as in he
is
> also an occasional mixer too. We very nearly teamed up about 30 yrs ago.
>
> When I was younger I did far more live sound mixing. Now, I suppose you
could
> call it part of my R&D to check out how well the ideas and products work
in
> practice.
>
> Graham

NP with any of that.

Pro's tend to have a much shorter fuse for the impractical.

You on the other hand are willing to waste time and energy some of us can't.

From a business standpoint, any gain has to be worth the expenditure...OTOH
you are often willing to make large efforts for small gains...as I have been
trying to say, a totlly different mindset and why you don't understand some
posts.