From: George's Pro Sound Company on
Hey ya want to hear a good joke

British Empire!!!!

ROTFLMAO
george

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> Humm I have not seen a 240 version of the studiomasters in the USA well EVER
> could it be that eyesore speaks with a forked tounge?
> he insists that everything must be 240 yet the consoles he designed for the
> USA market are all 120
> what's up with that?

As usual, George has lost the plot.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> Why don't you try to keep a British car manufacturer alive?

British politicians killed off local ownership by tinkering as much as anything.
Lackadaisical management didn't help. Besides, we make lots of Hondas, Nissans
and Toyotas here now ! Indeed Nissan's UK plant is one of their most efficient
worldwide.

SAIC have resumed production of MGs in the UK too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Automotive_Industry_Corporation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_F#TF
A new MG3 model may also be made here. It will be the MG ZR's successor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_ZR

And the Jags, Range Rovers, Land Rovers, Aston Martins, Rollers and Bentleys are
still made here. Ford has had plants here so long that it's virtually considered
British / European anyway. Our Fords are quite different to yours. This is
probably the longest running Ford model over here ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Transit
Followed by the Ford Escort (no relation to yours)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Escort_(Europe)

The US is hardly one to talk about the auto industry btw.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> Hey ya want to hear a good joke
>
> British Empire!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_nations

The Commonwealth of Nations, usually known as the Commonwealth, is a
voluntary association of 53 independent sovereign states, most of which
are former British colonies, or dependencies of these colonies (the
exceptions being the United Kingdom itself and Mozambique).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_nations#Origins

Although performing a vastly different function, the Commonwealth is the
successor of the British Empire. In 1884, while visiting Adelaide, South
Australia, Lord Rosebery described the changing British Empire, as some
of its colonies became more independent, as a "Commonwealth of Nations"

Plenty more countries are still interested in joining
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_nations#Applicants

Rwanda (since 2003), Sudan, Algeria, Madagascar and Yemen have applied
to join the Commonwealth, and there was some interest expressed by
Israel (being formerly administered by the United Kingdom) and the
Palestinian National Authority.[13]

Other eligible applicants could come from any of the remaining inhabited
British overseas territories, Crown dependencies, Australian external
territories and Associated States of New Zealand if any become fully
independent.[14] Many such jurisdictions are already directly
represented within the Commonwealth, particularly through the
Commonwealth Family.[15]
See also: Commonwealth of Nations membership criteria: Prospective
members

A delegation led by the current President of Somaliland, Dahir Riyale
Kahin, was invited to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in
Uganda in 2007. Presently, Somaliland's independence is not
internationally recognised, but its history as a British protectorate
would mean that it would be able to apply for re-entry into the
Commonwealth, should it ever achieve international recognition.

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> Hey ya want to hear a good joke
>
> British Empire!!!!