From: George's Pro Sound Company on

If
> you're only told the amps, you don't know which connectors are there and
> which distro and cables to bring.
>
> BTW: the rating of the connector is not always equal to the available
> power.
> Very rarely you get surprised by some dumbass having put 20A fuses behind
> 32A connector or some such idiocy.

mostvenues have way more power thanI need
the electrician must refuse the box so that there is not more power
available than the rated ampacity of the feeder I am suppling
and normally there are no connecters, everything is a hard tie in beytween
me and the venue
George

From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > liquidator wrote:
> >
> >> Whatever..I don't really care much about your standards as i don't work with
> >> them...
> >
> > You will soon.
> >
> > The USA is the ONLY country seriously out of line.
>
> Err... sadly no.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:WorldMap_Voltage%26Frequency.png

What has that to do with STANDARDS ?

It does certainly show that aside from North America, the Caribbean and parts of
South America, most of the world uses 220-240V.

Non users of note

Japan pop 127m
Canada pop 33m
USA pop 301m
Mexico pop 108m
Saudi Arabai pop 28m
Liberia pop 3m
Madagascar pop 20m
Ecuador pop13m
Columbia pop 45m
Venezuela pop 26m
Guyana pop < 1m
Suriname pop < 1m
Cuba pop 11m
Belize pop < 1m
Guatemala pop 13m
Honduras pop 7m
El Salavador pop 7m
Nicaragua pop 6m
Costa Rica pop 4m
Panama pop 3m
Bahamas pop < 1m
Haiti pop 9m
Dominican Republic 9.5m
Puerto Rico pop 4m

Source CIA Factbook
I didn't fancy checking every little Caribbean island.

Approx total pop'n NOT using 220-240V = 781.5m

World population = 6720 m. Source wikipedia.

That makes 88% of the world using 220-240V

Would you also like a figure for countries using IEC standards vs UL / CSA ?

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "Bob Howes" <bob.howes(a)bee-tee-internet.com> wrote:
> >
> > Finally, I've only mixed on a Cadac a couple of times but can tell you
> > they're brilliant. They make even Midas seem agricultural. However,
> > whether the market will pay for brilliance, I'm far less sure these days
>
> The part of the market that still can afford brilliance is probably looking
> very hard at consoles such as the Stagetec Aurus.

That's a PRODUCTION console.
http://www.aspen-media.com/showproduct.asp?id=7

Makes as much sense as using a Neve or SSL for live.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Bob Howes wrote:
> >
> >> Second, I suspect the issue here is that they see their market more in the
> >> permanent theatre install...where, historically, they've done well. I might
> >> query the wisdom of this (especially now that their traditional market is
> >> deserting them for digital offerings with a smaller footprint)
> >
> > But they have the S-digital now. Plenty of advance orders.
> > http://www.cadac-sound.com/frameset.asp?P=products/S-Digital.html
>
> They have advance orders, but do they have a working prototype yet?

Are you saying they don't ? I can probably find out Monday or Tuesday.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> > AFAIK "British EQ" is purely a marketing slogan invented by John Oram.
> >
> Where British reliability was a(Tougne firmly in cheek) term coined by every
> one ever subjected to the wonderful LUCAS electricals on the brit bikes and
> cars

Irrelevant. Besides I never had any trouble with Lucas electricals.

Graham