From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 28/11/08 14:33, in article 49300136.48B60580(a)hotmail.com, "Eeyore"
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bob Howes wrote:
>
>> Second, I suspect the issue here is that they see their market more in the
>> permanent theatre install...where, historically, they've done well. I might
>> query the wisdom of this (especially now that their traditional market is
>> deserting them for digital offerings with a smaller footprint)
>
> But they have the S-digital now. Plenty of advance orders.
> http://www.cadac-sound.com/frameset.asp?P=products/S-Digital.html

They have advance orders, but do they have a working prototype yet?

Other have been selling consoles for years, while they are still developing.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

> AFAIK "British EQ" is purely a marketing slogan invented by John Oram.

Where British reliability was a(Tougne firmly in cheek) term coined by every
one ever subjected to the wonderful LUCAS electricals on the brit bikes and
cars
George

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> 240 in the US is generally for stationary appliances, which a mixer is NOT.

Is there anything stopping you using 240V for non-stationary applications other
than inertia ? The rest of the world (mostly) gets on with it (220-240V) just
fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_mains_power_plugs,_voltages_and_frequencies

Graham

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> I wonder if eyesore is aware that Cadac has a Digital desk with DIGITAL EQ?

100%.

And I'll bet the algorithms are good too. Something George probably can't
understand is that the DSP code affects the sound. Not all DSP code is born
equal so it's NOT just 'digital EQ'. Nor are wordlengths equal either. More bits
give better resolution and definition.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Phildo wrote:
> >
> >> "British EQ" is nothing but marketing bullshit.
> >
> > Shows how little you know.
> >
> > No surprise though. And no, I won't tell you how because then every Chinese
> > rip-off company could do it too.
>
> "Recently, the term "British EQ" has popped up in our vocabulary. The
> British equalizers that I have used are all so radically different-sounding
> that this is, at best, an erroneous term. Let's clue the marketing
> departments that there is as much of a British EQ sound as there is a
> British compression sound, as there is a British mic placement sound...ad
> nauseam."
>
> says Fletcher.
> http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/articles/fletch/part3_2.shtml

He doesn't know what he's talking about. He's a bit over the hill after all.

Graham