From: George's Pro Sound Company on

"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

> "gwatts" <gwatts(a)frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>

>> Where I used to work we had the Midas house and monitor consoles on 240
>> with all the other signal processing gear on 120. We gave a visiting Oz
>> engineer 240 for his racks a few times, he was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>> Just about all venues in the US can supply 240, when they didn't we'd
>> rent a small Aggreko.
>

> You haven't read the thread. you haven't even a clue what the discussion
> is
> about.
>
> We are talking touring desks, and just like Graham you spount nonsense
> that
> doesn't apply.
> Anybody who has done a few gigs knows everythinbg you posted about 240. I
> never said 240 wasn't available. I said I ain't gonna run 300 feet of 240
> mix position because some silly little company wants to build their mixer
> that way.
>
> Grow a clue or brain, whichever comes first.

I think he was refering to tour desks, not a instal
just I bet it was 52 channel monster, not something the size of a 320
george

From: liquidator on

> Eeyore wrote:
> >
> > George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
> >>
> >> when i spec show power it is in terms of total amps
> >
> > POWER is measured in WATTS !
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_(physics)
>
> 'Power' in American slang, given the context, means 'Electrical Mains
> Service'. You say 'service' to an American electrician in a backstage
> context and he might punch you. Well, statistically 90% might punch you.

Alright- I give you a star on that one. That took a brain to write, enjoyed
it.

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

> "gwatts" <gwatts(a)frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>> Eeyore wrote:

>> > POWER is measured in WATTS !
>> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_(physics)
>>
>> 'Power' in American slang, given the context, means 'Electrical Mains
>> Service'. You say 'service' to an American electrician in a backstage
>> context and he might punch you. Well, statistically 90% might punch you.
>

> Alright- I give you a star on that one. That took a brain to write,
> enjoyed
> it.

Mr. Liquidator
may I suggest you killfile eyesore
he does not post anything of substance anyway plus his view of the world
revolves around one shitty little club that plays clone acts
one step away from karoke
hardly a live sound pros job
George

From: liquidator on

"gwatts" <gwatts(a)frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> Eeyore wrote:
> >
> > liquidator wrote:
> >
> >> 240 in the US is generally for stationary appliances, which a mixer is
NOT.

> > Is there anything stopping you using 240V for non-stationary
applications other
> > than inertia ?
>
> No, it's actually done all the time, just not usually in the home.
>
> The place I work has test equipment, pumps, compressors, welders, etc
> that all are portable and run on 240. All the floor maintenance
> equipment is 240, and anything in the machine shop that you don't pick
> up to use is 240 and cabled as portable because they reconfigure
> frequently for special jobs.

Yhere is industrial equipment- catering equipment comes to mind.

But still not a single venue with 240 at mix position.

The whole discussion was, did Cadac screw up by building the mixer for ther
US market with 240 only?

The answer is yes. None of the trivia you've posted has changed that.

From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > The USA is the ONLY country seriously out of line.
> >

> It does certainly show that aside from North America, the Caribbean and
parts of
> South America, most of the world uses 220-240V.

Are you listening to yourself? Only means one.

We still ain't gonna change to your standaard.
Period.

So please lets move to an intelligent discussion?

You are capable, just not doing it.