From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> <0junk4me(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Have never seen one of these.
> > >camlocks in the first place.
> > My remote truck has camlocks, can handle 3 phase or 240 vac,
> > switchable for whichever is offered at the truck.
> >
> > >Camlocs and tails is how its done. from county fairs to festivals
> > >to one off at the college multi use room
> > THat's what I've known for years. STill, if these
> > connectors are as foolproof as advertised (can't do pdf here
> > and have never physically encountered them) I would think
> > some would be adopting them.
> >
> > HOw many folks in the u.S. are seeing these anywhere?
> >
> The local college has them,(ip67) about 1000 USd for a mateing pair, and
> they are NOT rugged, several of the colleges are outof service haveing
> broken sleeves and or broken locking rings
> and the mating is so tight it often takes three people to do it
> the look like a great solution, aside from the cost and the fact they break
> on a regular basis
> so the short of it is they are junk
> I would NEVER base a touring PD around these POS things
>
> Ok for convention centers with unlimited budgets and idiots doing the power
> drops, but as a day in day out connector they suck rotten eggs

The 32A 240V single phase plug and socket used for the local venue's amp rack
costs peanuts.
http://uk.farnell.com/ceenorm/11949/socket-surf-mt-32a-240v-2p-e-way/dp/1212802

http://uk.farnell.com/ceenorm/210096/plug-32a-240v-2p-e-way/dp/1212798

And Farnell isn't the cheapest supplier. Not bad for a 7.5kW connection I
reckon.

A pair of these is good for 22kW of 3 phase.
http://uk.farnell.com/ceenorm/11962/socket-surf-mt-32a-415v-3p-n-e/dp/1212807
http://uk.farnell.com/ceenorm/212002/plug-32a-415v-3p-n-e-way/dp/1212805

No danger of getting phases mixed up either.

Graham

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> liquidator wrote:
>>
>> > We don't send yiou guys 120 volt stuff then whine it doesn't sell.
>>
>> Since only 12% of the world population doesn't use 220-240V it would be
> rather
>> silly after all.
>>
>> Graham
>>

> Just as silly as a British company building a product that doesn't suit
> the
> US, or any other, market.
>
> Companies that do not deal with reality go bankrupt...

Humm I have not seen a 240 version of the studiomasters in the USA well EVER
could it be that eyesore speaks with a forked tounge?
he insists that everything must be 240 yet the consoles he designed for the
USA market are all 120
what's up with that?
george

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" wrote in message
>
> 50 bucks or whatever in pounds says my PC is 110 volt 5 rears from now.

50 bucks that it conforms to IEC60950 ! Probably today.

The official voltage is 120 btw. But I hardly expect that to change in the home
overnight. Enjoy being in that 10% or so that use ~ 120V (Japan for arcane
reasons is 100V).

Graham

From: liquidator on

> liquidator wrote:
>
> > The discussion was about a 240 mixer being a bad idea for the US market.
It
> > is, and Graham keeps on about we should change our electrical system to
suit
> > him.
>
> It would be sensible for the USA !

I just thimk an intelligent but way overly intellectual B5rit is not the
best person to decide what is best for the USA.

Why don't you try to keep a British car manufacturer alive?

What have we, Rolls is BMW, Ford sold Jaguar to the India folks, maybe they
will have Studiomaster car stereos..

Don't get me wrong, I love my old MG. Doesn't run at the moment and spares
cost dearly, but I love it.

Kinda reminds me of women I knew with a lot of issues, at least they
weren't boring.

But I do remember lots of discussions that came to either the Italians or
British making the worlds worst electrics...

My old Ducati was a bad as Lucas electrics were...

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> > liquidator wrote:
> >
> > > We don't send yiou guys 120 volt stuff then whine it doesn't sell.
> >
> > Since only 12% of the world population doesn't use 220-240V it would be
> > rather silly after all.
>
> Just as silly as a British company building a product that doesn't suit the
> US, or any other, market.

Just the US market I expect. Since there is no console that matches George's
description on the Cadac site I couldn't even begin to comment on power
consumption. Incidentally all their products use a letter prefix plus 'series'
which doesn't tie up either.

Graham