From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> The whole discussion was, did Cadac screw up by building the mixer for ther
> US market with 240 only?
>
> The answer is yes. None of the trivia you've posted has changed that.

120V single phase at 15A from one of those ghastly bent metal connectors you
use comes to 1.8kW.

Is it your case that no mixing desk should be manufactured requiring > 1.8kW ?

Over here whether using British BS1363 connectors or the popular Schuko
(German) type and its derivatives widely used throughout Europe we can draw >
3kW from a single 'wall socket' or extension lead.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

gwatts wrote:

> George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
> >
> > and how did you address the 50/60hz issues?
>
> He wasn't worried.

There isn't an issue anyway. It's 60Hz kit on 50 that can be a problem.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

gwatts wrote:

> I find it amazing that Cadac would be serious about touring with bands.
> I was in on a couple of load ins for touring, off-Broadway shows and
> the Cadacs I saw were huge, heavy things (even compared to a Midas) and
> took quite a while to get from the dock to FOH.

Have to agree with you there. They're built more like Neves and SSLs in large
sections.

They have some smaller stuff now though.
http://www.cadac-sound.com/frameset.asp?P=products/s-type.htm

I'd wonder about the strength of something like that though.

At DDA we used Aerolam (Hexlite) for the bases of the larger desks.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> >
> > All you need to do now is put IEC 60309 connectors on it and off you go !
>
> Realoly dumb statement Graham.
>
> Please list all the venues in the US with 240 at MIX posuion. Then all the
> outside events.
>
> Your entire argument gets sillier with every post. You are just plain wrong,
> and gwatts is a bonehead who doesn't even understand the discussion.

It's using 120V that's silly.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> We still ain't gonna change to your standaard.
> Period.

You've already started or else you'll not be able to sell goods worlwide.

" UL 1950/CSA 22.2 950 is applicable both in the USA and Canada. The current
version is the Third Edition, which is based on the second edition, fourth
amendment of IEC 950."

Funny that, the new UL Standard puts a 1 in front of IEC's 950 !
http://www.i-spec.com/IEC_60950/usa_canada950.html

Graham