From: Eeyore on

Arny Krueger wrote:

> Typically, 240 is used only for large appliances like ovens,
> electric clothes dryers, and ovens.

So you already have it.

End of story. And no more problems with dodgy neutrals.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> But what have we come to expect from the village idiot?

King George is the idiot.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> > A few points on Cadac.
> >
> > First off, they are still very much in business. The never ceased trading
> > and Mark Ray (one of their sales engineers) mentioned the other day that a
> > deal has been done on the ownership and the hope to make the formal
> > announcement soon. (Mark mentioned this in an open forum so I don't think
> > I'm giving away any confidences.)
> >
> > Second, I suspect the issue here is that they see their market more in the
> > permanent theatre install...where, historically, they've done well. I
> > might query the wisdom of this (especially now that their traditional
> > market is deserting them for digital offerings with a smaller footprint)
> > but just because the mixer wasn't designed for the use George intended
> > doesn't make it bad. That's like saying a Ferrari is a badly designed car
> > because it can't carry a fridge in the trunk. Don't buy one if you want
> > cargo capacity! (But more vans will be sold than Ferraris!)
> >
> > Finally, I've only mixed on a Cadac a couple of times but can tell you
> > they're brilliant. They make even Midas seem agricultural. However,
> > whether the market will pay for brilliance, I'm far less sure these days
>
> the fellow I spoke to at AES told me it was thier new line of TOURlive sound
> mixers for the american market
> selling at around 18,000$ , it was built and marketed specificaly to the
> market I was serving
> high end small venue(under 6000 seats) live sound
>
> they decided the expense of desinging and building a dedicated PS for the
> desk was not going to affect it's sales and used a existing PS from one of
> thier large instal desks

Easy enough to check.

Thanks for mentioning the model.

Graham

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

"George's Pro Sound Company" <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> A few points on Cadac.
>>
>> First off, they are still very much in business. The never ceased
>> trading and Mark Ray (one of their sales engineers) mentioned the other
>> day that a deal has been done on the ownership and the hope to make the
>> formal announcement soon. (Mark mentioned this in an open forum so I
>> don't think I'm giving away any confidences.)
>>
>> Second, I suspect the issue here is that they see their market more in
>> the permanent theatre install...where, historically, they've done well.
>> I might query the wisdom of this (especially now that their traditional
>> market is deserting them for digital offerings with a smaller footprint)
>> but just because the mixer wasn't designed for the use George intended
>> doesn't make it bad. That's like saying a Ferrari is a badly designed
>> car because it can't carry a fridge in the trunk. Don't buy one if you
>> want cargo capacity! (But more vans will be sold than Ferraris!)
>>
>> Finally, I've only mixed on a Cadac a couple of times but can tell you
>> they're brilliant. They make even Midas seem agricultural. However,
>> whether the market will pay for brilliance, I'm far less sure these days
>>
>> Bob
>
> the fellow I spoke to at AES told me it was thier new line of TOURlive
> sound mixers for the american market
> selling at around 18,000$ , it was built and marketed specificaly to the
> market I was serving
> high end small venue(under 6000 seats) live sound
>
> they decided the expense of desinging and building a dedicated PS for the
> desk was not going to affect it's sales and used a existing PS from one of
> thier large instal desks
> CADAC fucked the pooch
> George

I wonder if eyesore is aware that Cadac has a Digital desk with DIGITAL EQ?
if thet were a bit faster on the draw I could be sporting a cadac instead of
a yamaha
but thier product was SO WRONG for the intended market , even the fellow at
AES admitted that they were wasteing thier time trying to break intot he
HUGE USA tour market with a desk that was a collection of old designs down
scaled to hit the under 20,000$ price point
George

From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Arny Krueger wrote:
>
> > Typically, 240 is used only for large appliances like ovens,
> > electric clothes dryers, and ovens.
>
> So you already have it.
>
> End of story. And no more problems with dodgy neutrals.

`

End of your story actually Graham.

Why are you being so silly about this?

240 in the US is generally for stationary appliances, which a mixer is NOT.

Your whole argument is completely silly..yet you've latched onto it like a
bulldog.

People in the US are not gonna buy 240 volt mixer...the US ain't gonna
switch to UK standards...you have been wrong on EVERY point...yet you keep
going.

I don't understand why confusing possible and practical is so important to
you...but you do it on a regular basis.

Just because something can be done does not make it the best option...

Yet you say since 240 is available you win the argument...it's almost an
insane viewpoint, it's incredibly far from any practical reality.

Your way isn't the only way, and much of the world does not feel like you.
Give it up, it's over, you are completely wrong on all points here.