From: Eeyore on

Bob Howes wrote:

> Second, I suspect the issue here is that they see their market more in the
> permanent theatre install...where, historically, they've done well. I might
> query the wisdom of this (especially now that their traditional market is
> deserting them for digital offerings with a smaller footprint)

But they have the S-digital now. Plenty of advance orders.
http://www.cadac-sound.com/frameset.asp?P=products/S-Digital.html

Graham

From: liquidator on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_&_multiphase_power_plugs_&_sockets#E
> [...]
> >> ratings are used."
> >>
> >> No tails to worry about !

> >> They're very popular for theatre.
> >>

> > Whatever..I don't really care much about your standards as i don't work
> > with
> > them...the point is you made a comment regarding US standards that were
> > way
> > off...
> >
> > If Cadac was designing orducts based on standards the US may adopt, you
> > can
> > see why they went out of business...you seem to have exactly the same
> > mindset.
> >
> > Products should adapt to the market, not the market should adapt to the
> > product.
> >
> > If you and Cadac do not suit the markets needs, you will just be passed
> > over. And sitting around wondering what went wrong.
> >
> > I'm not going to jump through hoops to get miniscule improvements.
> >
> > And if one company designs to fit their ego needs instead of my work
> > needs,
> > I will just buy somebody else's product.
> >
> > Forcing your needs on the customer is a very low level way of doing
> > business.
> >
> > Very common with learned people- they turn into evangelicals...trying to
> > spread their point of view, blissfully unaware it's not valid for
anybody
> > else.
> >
> > Not trying to slam you, it's just obvious from reading your posts you
have
> > not done a lot of touring. I am NOT gonna haul a mixer that has to have
> > special power all around the country.
> >
> > Defend Cadac's design all you want- they lost out in the market. Had
they
> > had engineers with more common sense they might still be in business.
> >

> A few points on Cadac.
>
> First off, they are still very much in business. The never ceased trading
> and Mark Ray (one of their sales engineers) mentioned the other day that a
> deal has been done on the ownership and the hope to make the formal
> announcement soon. (Mark mentioned this in an open forum so I don't think
> I'm giving away any confidences.)
>
> Second, I suspect the issue here is that they see their market more in the
> permanent theatre install...where, historically, they've done well. I
might
> query the wisdom of this (especially now that their traditional market is
> deserting them for digital offerings with a smaller footprint) but just
> because the mixer wasn't designed for the use George intended doesn't make
> it bad. That's like saying a Ferrari is a badly designed car because it
> can't carry a fridge in the trunk. Don't buy one if you want cargo
> capacity! (But more vans will be sold than Ferraris!)
>
> Finally, I've only mixed on a Cadac a couple of times but can tell you
> they're brilliant. They make even Midas seem agricultural. However,
> whether the market will pay for brilliance, I'm far less sure these days

Bob- I'm not slamming Cadac- the point is they are useless for what I
do..useless is pretty bad. So for much of the market they ARE bad.

None of your posts refute anything I said.

As far as "very much in business" if you define shipping two or thre mixers
as that, fine. They've been in a severely crippled state, not "very much in
business".

As far as your Ferrari, it's very bad for hauling equipment. So yes it can
be bad.

I consider Cadac's business model overly intellectual and not receptive to
the market.

They are trying to force their needs on the customer, not to satify the
customer's need.

Perhaps the new ownership and injection of business blood will help
them...I'd love to see it.

From: liquidator on

> You will soon.
>
> The USA is the ONLY country seriously out of line.

And you are 100% spot on WRONG.

You're living in a fishbowl Graham...llok I have a lot of respect for you,
but your judgement here is ridiculous.

The US is not gonna adopt UK electrical standards. Almost certainly not
before you and I are long dead if ever.

"Soon" is just utter silly...why do you make yourself look that silly? You
know better.

Billions and billions invested in 110 volt gear ain't gonna go away. And I
still ain't gonna buy a mixer with a 220 volt only supply- and neither are
millions of others. it's ridiculously easy to make supplies multi-voltage.
Why are we even discussing this? It's going WAY beyond a waste of time...

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
>
> > You will soon.
> >
> > The USA is the ONLY country seriously out of line.
>
> And you are 100% spot on WRONG.
>
> You're living in a fishbowl Graham...llok I have a lot of respect for you,
> but your judgement here is ridiculous.
>
> The US is not gonna adopt UK electrical standards.

They are INTERNATIONAL Standards now.

And, in tine, you WILL adopt them unless you want be some illiterate backwater.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> Billions and billions invested in 110 volt

It's NOT 110 Volts. Read the NEC !

> gear ain't gonna go away. And I
> still ain't gonna buy a mixer with a 220 volt only supply- and neither are
> millions of others. it's ridiculously easy to make supplies multi-voltage.
> Why are we even discussing this? It's going WAY beyond a waste of time...

You already have 240V in your houses.

Graham