From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> liquidator wrote:
>
> > Billions and billions invested in 110 volt
>
> It's NOT 110 Volts. Read the NEC !
>

> > gear ain't gonna go away. And I
> > still ain't gonna buy a mixer with a 220 volt only supply- and neither
are
> > millions of others. it's ridiculously easy to make supplies
multi-voltage.
> > Why are we even discussing this? It's going WAY beyond a waste of
time...

> You already have 240V in your houses.
>
> Graham

I don't rum my mixer in my house.

And I ain't gonna run hundreds of feet of 240 just to use a mixer.

And I ain't gonna string 240 to every room in my house anytime soon.

Not even new buildings are being built that way.

And there are a number of international standards, insisting UK is THE
standard is even sillier.

From: Arny Krueger on
"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:49300978.75F18B40(a)hotmail.com
> liquidator wrote:
>
>> Billions and billions invested in 110 volt
>
> It's NOT 110 Volts. Read the NEC !
>

>> gear ain't gonna go away. And I
>> still ain't gonna buy a mixer with a 220 volt only
>> supply- and neither are millions of others. it's
>> ridiculously easy to make supplies multi-voltage. Why
>> are we even discussing this? It's going WAY beyond a
>> waste of time...

> You already have 240V in your houses.

(1) 240 is *not* the primary voltage being distributed in homes and
businesses. Typically, 240 is used only for large appliances like ovens,
electric clothes dryers, and ovens.

I happen to use 240 for my table saw, but that's all we do with 240 in my
house because we heat, cook and dry with gas.

(2) It is the rare home or business that has 3 phase. For example, my church
( a building with several hundred thousand square feet) has limited 3 phase
power for a few large motors (pipe organ, fans). But it is basically wired
120/240 single phase.

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

> A few points on Cadac.
>
> First off, they are still very much in business. The never ceased trading
> and Mark Ray (one of their sales engineers) mentioned the other day that a
> deal has been done on the ownership and the hope to make the formal
> announcement soon. (Mark mentioned this in an open forum so I don't think
> I'm giving away any confidences.)
>
> Second, I suspect the issue here is that they see their market more in the
> permanent theatre install...where, historically, they've done well. I
> might query the wisdom of this (especially now that their traditional
> market is deserting them for digital offerings with a smaller footprint)
> but just because the mixer wasn't designed for the use George intended
> doesn't make it bad. That's like saying a Ferrari is a badly designed car
> because it can't carry a fridge in the trunk. Don't buy one if you want
> cargo capacity! (But more vans will be sold than Ferraris!)
>
> Finally, I've only mixed on a Cadac a couple of times but can tell you
> they're brilliant. They make even Midas seem agricultural. However,
> whether the market will pay for brilliance, I'm far less sure these days
>
> Bob

the fellow I spoke to at AES told me it was thier new line of TOURlive sound
mixers for the american market
selling at around 18,000$ , it was built and marketed specificaly to the
market I was serving
high end small venue(under 6000 seats) live sound

they decided the expense of desinging and building a dedicated PS for the
desk was not going to affect it's sales and used a existing PS from one of
thier large instal desks
CADAC fucked the pooch
George

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> liquidator wrote:
>>
>> > Billions and billions invested in 110 volt
>>
>> It's NOT 110 Volts. Read the NEC !
>>

>> > gear ain't gonna go away. And I
>> > still ain't gonna buy a mixer with a 220 volt only supply- and neither
> are
>> > millions of others. it's ridiculously easy to make supplies
> multi-voltage.
>> > Why are we even discussing this? It's going WAY beyond a waste of
> time...
>>
>> You already have 240V in your houses.
>>
>> Graham
>>

> I don't rum my mixer in my house.
>
> And I ain't gonna run hundreds of feet of 240 just to use a mixer.
>
> And I ain't gonna string 240 to every room in my house anytime soon.
>
> Not even new buildings are being built that way.
>
> And there are a number of international standards, insisting UK is THE
> standard is even sillier.

But what have we come to expect from the village idiot?
he come through in spades again for our amusement
George

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> And there are a number of international standards,

No there aren't.

> insisting UK is THE standard is even sillier.

The ONLY countries fully compliant with INTERNATIONAL Standards are are the
UK and Germany but many more are VERY close.

The Noose is tightening.

Graham