From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> liquidator wrote:

> > > OLD DAYS.
> >
> > Goddam whippersnapper..no respect...
> >
> > I had to fix all that dang stuff...
> >
> > Lots of electricians still say one-ten BTW. Very common.
>
> I'm not unaware of that. It was the 9% losses in your cabling. What's
> your own voltage right now btw ?
>
> Graham

My UPS says two forty two...only voltage monitor I have here.

My home office runs 240 for the copier and computer UPS. Already had the
power for the copier, when a local college surplused a nice Tripplite UPS
all I had to do was an outlet...

In a power loss my internet goes- but I still have Solitaire! And Spades,
and Euchre...

40 miles from a major city, when power goes out I have a UPS big enough to
run a TV, PC and a couple CFL lights for a couple days.

From: liquidator on

> liquidator wrote:

> > > I had a couple of Fords and a Rover with Lucas electricals. Aside from
an
> > > alternator that packed up on one Ford due to under-specification I had
> > > zero problems.
> >
> > Wonder if export stuff was different from what you got.
> >
> > Connections were a big problem here.
>
> Different climate perhaps ?
>
> All my cars since 1986 have tended to have mainly Bosch electricals
though.

> Graham

Now the Bosch stuff is an improvement...they make an odd choice
occasionally though.

Climate might be it...dunno.

But Lucas electrics are referred to here pretty much the way Neville was
over there at th beginning of WWII.

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> "liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

> under-specification I

Actually, come to think of it that would have been a Ford alternator. I replaced
it with a Lucas.

> >> Different climate perhaps ?
> >>
> >> All my cars since 1986 have tended to have mainly Bosch electricals
> > though.
> >
> > Now the Bosch stuff is an improvement...they make an odd choice
> > occasionally though.
> >
> > Climate might be it...dunno.
> >
> > But Lucas electrics are referred to here pretty much the way Neville was
> > over there at th beginning of WWII.
>
> he is just being a prick
> he knows full well how unreliable british motorbikes and cars are

Simply not true. A complete myth.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> Graham lives in a bubble- he doesn't even tavel often to neiggboring cities
> to work, much less far away ones.

Mumbai and Hong Kong are a fair distance.

Graham

From: liquidator on

> liquidator wrote:
>
> > Graham lives in a bubble- he doesn't even tavel often to neiggboring
cities
> > to work, much less far away ones.
>
> Mumbai and Hong Kong are a fair distance.
>
> Graham

And you've been there to do live audio how many times in the last ten years?

This is a live audio group Graham. Sitting in a room consulting isn't live
audio.

I suppose since you are speaking that's live audio if you want to nit pick.

I'd appreciate pics of the live audio tours you did to those cities.

The discussion is about your mindset on live audio- and it is stricvtly
amateur. I simply do not understand why you can't face reality.

All you are doing with comments like this is trying to put trees in the
roadway.