From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> . Eyesore is a prime example. He should look at a real
> > designer who actually understands the job like Carey from A&H who listens
> > to user feedback, takes comments on board, makes himself available to
> > customers, actually uses the gear in the field and is always looking for
> > ways to improve things for the end-user.
>

> I agree A&H has come long way from the dreadful GL2/3 series and last I knew
> A&H was still a viable business , unlike studiomaster or cadac
> george

Carey sounds exactly like me in fact.

Graham

From: Rupert on
On Dec 15, 3:32 am, Eeyore <rabbitsfriendsandrelati...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:
> George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
>
> > . Eyesore is a prime example. He should look at a real
> > > designer who actually understands the job like Carey from A&H who listens
> > > to user feedback, takes comments on board, makes himself available to
> > > customers, actually uses the gear in the field and is always looking for
> > > ways to improve things for the end-user.
>
> > I agree A&H has come long way from the dreadful GL2/3 series and last I knew
> > A&H was still a viable business , unlike studiomaster or cadac
> > george
>
> Carey sounds exactly like me in fact.
>
> Graham

Interesting. Carey is an extremely friendly individual who even in the
face of criticism will maintain a cool headed customer service
oriented attitude and does not get ruffled either in person or on the
internet. He frequents several live sound groups and offers help and
advice on a regular basis. I generally avoid discussing such matters
on public forums. But your comment was extremely reminiscent of the US
1988 presidential debate between vice president contenders Dan Quayle
and Lloyd Bentsen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gpgXNWYI

To paraphrase, "You're no Carey Davies." Until you can represent
yourself in such a way that proves you have anywhere near the customer
service skills of Mr. Davies, your comparison is laughable.

Rupert
From: George's Pro Sound Company on

wrote:
> George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
>
> > . Eyesore is a prime example. He should look at a real
> > > designer who actually understands the job like Carey from A&H who
> > > listens
> > > to user feedback, takes comments on board, makes himself available to
> > > customers, actually uses the gear in the field and is always looking
> > > for
> > > ways to improve things for the end-user.
>
> > I agree A&H has come long way from the dreadful GL2/3 series and last I
> > knew
> > A&H was still a viable business , unlike studiomaster or cadac
> > george
>
> Carey sounds exactly like me in fact.
>
> Graham

Interesting. Carey is an extremely friendly individual who even in the
face of criticism will maintain a cool headed customer service
oriented attitude and does not get ruffled either in person or on the
internet. He frequents several live sound groups and offers help and
advice on a regular basis. I generally avoid discussing such matters
on public forums. But your comment was extremely reminiscent of the US
1988 presidential debate between vice president contenders Dan Quayle
and Lloyd Bentsen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gpgXNWYI

To paraphrase, "You're no Carey Davies." Until you can represent
yourself in such a way that proves you have anywhere near the customer
service skills of Mr. Davies, your comparison is laughable.

Rupert

Carey even asked my input when I told of my less than stellar experiance
with the early gl series desk(gl2,gl3,gl3000,and gl4000)
george

From: Eeyore on

Rupert wrote:

> On Dec 15, 3:32 am, Eeyore <rabbitsfriendsandrelati...(a)hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
> >
> > > . Eyesore is a prime example. He should look at a real
> >
> > > I agree A&H has come long way from the dreadful GL2/3 series and last I knew
> > > A&H was still a viable business , unlike studiomaster or cadac
> > > george
> >
> > Carey sounds exactly like me in fact.
>
> Interesting. Carey is an extremely friendly individual

So am I. Come and meet me any time at The Horn. I attract people btw.

> who even in the face of criticism will maintain a cool headed customer service
> oriented attitude

My cool-headedness is legendary in the real world. Until you step over that line of
pure pig-headed pomposity and stupidity. THEN I'm a volcano.

> and does not get ruffled either in person or on the internet.

He doesn't have george or Philtho to deal with.

As it happens I had a tentative invitation to work for A&H earlier this year on the
basis of a personal one-to-one conversation with one of their directors. We must get
round to meeting up for a meal some time again, I just missed him last time he was
passing by. I wasn't really up for moving to Cornwall though.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> Carey even asked my input when I told of my less than stellar experiance
> with the early gl series desk(gl2,gl3,gl3000,and gl4000)

Of course. You can learn from even slight errors or oversights. Life is a
learning process.

Graham